Non sticky breeches!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Hurrah! Found some everyday ones yesterday when I was at local feed store, v chuffed so flipped out the card to get more than 1 pair. Sized right for me, for those who might be interested, the Firefoot Rawdon (under £35) and Legacy (under (£40) were hastily brought home.

Now, can anyone find me non sticky white, beige or cream (not even dots on knees!) for local comps as my going out ones are getting v tired.... tack shops locally are stumped.....

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I have Mark Todd Gisborne breeches which have no sticky bits in them. All fabric seat and knee patches, a bit stretchy and very comfortable. They do yellow, cream and white as well as darker colours and are around £55 depending on where you buy. Size wise I found them on the small side and had to go up a size so if they are suitable would definitely say try before you buy.

chaps89

Visit site
I have Mark Todd Gisborne breeches which have no sticky bits in them. All fabric seat and knee patches, a bit stretchy and very comfortable. They do yellow, cream and white as well as darker colours and are around £55 depending on where you buy. Size wise I found them on the small side and had to go up a size so if they are suitable would definitely say try before you buy.
These are usually my go to but they’re definitley more summer than winter breeches. Would also agree on going up a size.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I have flexars and I was actually really disappointed when they arrived that they are not sticky in any way, I find them super slippy
So they would probs suit you well

They are a nice weight and size though. I don't even wear them at home. Taught me to read the description more carefully before parting with £50!!
They are beige and a 12ish if anyone is interested!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I was really disappointed with the selection in the new Shires catalogue... all the ones that look nice have sticky bums! Is this the new flash noseband? ?

I like Firefoot though. I might treat myself once I'm at my goal weight!

clinkerbuilt

Visit site
I ordered some Irideon breeches with nice piping and faux suede knee patches from the States via Amazon - they are comfortable and lightweight. Also Decathlon do knee-patch-only breeches, but the fabric is thinner and the stitching slightly less sturdy. Following all these suggestions with interest: it's a frustrating search.

mariew

Visit site
I love the lifestyle legacy breeches/jods, they are a good price, last a long time and cotton rich so nice against skin. Plus sturdy enough that you feel a little protection than a thin nylon type fabric.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
If you want an awesome pair of cheap breeches then the Eileen Douglas Aqua ones are great. Don’t be fooled by red silicon - it’s not sticky and sits on mock suede knee patches. I have a pair in black and they are nice for £20 and I have a wardrobe with Dainese, Pikeur etc at home.

I have to admit as someone who only likes knee patches, the world is getting smaller with choice for me. Pikeur don’t do knee patch only anymore and I hate full seat.

I have found one or two silicon I can tolerate but send back more than I keep. John Whitaker does the Horbury which might work for you? Rugged have some left over ones on eBay. I have just bought some Ariat with silicon knees so will see, but they were only £40 and I needed some more smart ones.

Last edited:

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Pikeur still do knee patch only (the Meret and Prisca mccrown knee patch, for example). I still see them for sale, at least. I think they have a pair or two still in production.

I only wear Pikeur and one pair of Horze Grand Prix with faux suede fullseat. They're alright. Usually they are on sale and with a discount code you can get a pair for about 80€ they only come in black and white though. Sometimes Horze will have another non silicone fullseat style available.

I really like my 2 pairs of Pikeur Nia's. Really nice fabric and comes in suede seat! They feel a bit more modern and sporty, plus have a good size pocket for a mobile phone. I also have 2 pairs of the Pikuer Calanja's and they're comfortable and a more sporty material too.

I also have the Henriette, Lugana, and Lucinda in suede full seat. All without silicone, so they're out there. They wear well, but you'll pay a bit. I usually buy them on sale, but they're still going to be over 100€ usually, but I love them.

Cavallo used to make suede seat too, I have a pair, but wasn't so impressed, so I haven't looked lately to see if they srill make them. Krämer also have a few pairs without silicone.

Last edited:

GreyDot

Visit site
I'm surprised there are so many people loving their Flexars - I bought a black pair and am so disappointed. They attract dog hair, horse hair, hay and general fluff like a magnet and have gone a bit baggy after only a few months. Very comfortable to ride in, but the material just seems wrong if you have pets.

Ceifer

Visit site
If you want an awesome pair of cheap breeches then the Eileen Douglas Aqua ones are great. Don’t be fooled by red silicon - it’s not sticky and sits on mock suede knee patches. I have a pair in black and they are nice for £20 and I have a wardrobe with Dainese, Pikeur etc at home.

I have to admit as someone who only likes knee patches, the world is getting smaller with choice for me. Pikeur don’t do knee patch only anymore and I hate full seat.

I have found one or two silicon I can tolerate but send back more than I keep. John Whitaker does the Horbury which might work for you? Rugged have some left over ones on eBay. I have just bought some Ariat with silicon knees so will see, but they were only £40 and I needed some more smart ones.
Definitely second Eileen Douglas. I don’t have the aqua breeches but I have a couple of pairs that have suede seat and have been mistaken for pikeur. Which is great as I think they cost £40 each and are really well made.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Pikeur still do knee patch only (the Meret and Prisca mccrown knee patch, for example). I still see them for sale, at least. I think they have a pair or two still in production.

I only wear Pikeur and one pair of Horze Grand Prix with faux suede fullseat. They're alright. Usually they are on sale and with a discount code you can get a pair for about 80€ they only come in black and white though. Sometimes Horze will have another non silicone fullseat style available.

I really like my 2 pairs of Pikeur Nia's. Really nice fabric and comes in suede seat! They feel a bit more modern and sporty, plus have a good size pocket for a mobile phone. I also have 2 pairs of the Pikuer Calanja's and they're comfortable and a more sporty material too.

my other problem is I am too fat for white breeches which further narrows my choices! The merets are silicone as been one of those I tried and returned.

I have just found the Pikeur Landy on sale in beige though