North and NW Kent Livery

VioletStripe

Visit site
Done to death I know, apologies in advance - I have done a few searches but I also know a lot of the old threads are out of date, and this is utterly unknown territory for me. I have already posted in the regional board but it tends to be pretty quiet...

Next year OH and I are planning on moving to the Rochester/Chatham Kent area (bit of a shock for me based in central London and horse in North London/Herts!) so I need help finding a yard which is in the North and West Kent area - around Maidstone/Meopham/Eynsford/any of that band of Kent would be ideal. Bit in advance, but I also know how insane some waiting lists are - Capricorn is high on my list but they rarely have vacancies! Saywell also looks amazing but I believe they only do DIY?

Any yard driveable from that area would be suitable, so advice is very much appreciated. Must be
- Part livery
- At least some form of turnout every day (fine with half days, but it must be every day)
- Decent hacking
- An arena with some pole and jumps.
- A walker would be amazing, too (I have a Connemara who puts on weight from the mere scent of grass!).

For me, daily and year-round turnout is an absolute must, as is quality of care - I used to be stabled in the Bexley area which was an absolute nightmare... Happy for smaller, private yards if it ticks all the boxes, and for a drive of around 45mins but can extend this for a really great yard - I've heard wonderful things about Bedgebury, but it is a bit of a way considering I will still be working in central London (if we ever get down of lockdown, that is!)

Any advice and suggestions or experiences much appreciated - please PM me if you would rather, and please do tell me of any to avoid too - I have been burned before by yards and it is something I want to avoid at all costs. It is so important to find a nice yard for my boy, and something I would like to have in mind ahead of moving.

Thanks for reading, and for any help!

TwyfordM

Visit site
I'm the other side of Rochester, so mainly know yards over Meopham/Cobham way. I'm not sure where has vacancies etc but if you need to get a background on any yards you find I should be able to help ?
I used to freelance groom so I've been around a fair bit! ?

VioletStripe

Visit site
Could someone drop me a PM? I can be sure Bedgebury is ruled out now but I have a few friends in the area (some further out in Kent which would be too far away for me to move to them) who are at other yards and I wouldn't mind having an idea of what's wrong in case they are thinking of moving etc...