North Wales People!

showjump2003

Visit site
I live Pwllheli way in North Wales. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY desperate for a new saddle for my horse but don't know who is best to use as I need my horse measuring and fitting ect by who ever I get the saddle from! The only people I am aware of local ish is Aberconwy tack shop in Mochre and Chester saddlery. I popped in to Aberconwy this week and must say I wasn't impressed with what they had. They didn't have any second hand saddles I liked and they mainly only stocked new farringtons which I wasn't too keen on. Chester is a bit too far for me to go to just to check out theor stock and I believe they are fairly expensive. Any other ideas or recommendations? I'm after either new or second hand but it must the correctly fitted!

nedzy

Visit site
Hi,
I just got my new saddle and sold my old one with ACGS on Anglesey. She has a good selection of 2nd hand saddles, don't know if she will travel that far to fit though, tel 01407840722. Also, the saddle before that I bought from Crewe saddlery who are really helpful. You discuss price etc on the phone and they brings loads of saddles to try. They have 2nd hand too. Cost more to come and fit (it was 50 quid back then and I think you get it back if you buy one) Better check, it is a while ago!
Hope that helps.

conniegirl

Visit site
Showjump, i got my new one from aberconwy and all my 2nd hand ones as well. If you get a new farringtons made to measure then you can have it however you want, ie with or without stitched knee rolls, massive knee rolls or no knee rolls etc. I love my farringtons saddle it is so comfy.
Also if you ask vaughn he will keep an eye out for a 2nd hand saddle of your specifications.

showjump2003

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Just gt off the phone and have arranged to take my horses to ACGS on Anglesey on Thursday so fingers crossed we find something suitable!