Northallerton ODE?

Cazzah

Visit site
I've taken a punt on the weather and entered the unaffilliated ODE at Northallerton next Sunday (so all praise to the God of Sun that he's feeling charitable and will at least come out of hibernation for a few days)

Its a good couple of hours from me and I've never been before. What can I expect? It is being run over the BE course and I have entered the 90cm. I was hoping to be running at 100 by this time in the season but haven't been out competing XC since April :(

Are the dressage and SJ on grass or surface? Anything to watch out for XC? What's the going normally like?

It also looks like I'll be a billy no mates - one friend working and the other who was due to come with me has dropped out as her SJ got moved to next week. OH is at home on parenting duties unless I can persuade him to come with me (but he hates watching me XC). So, if anyone goes and sees a girl on a bay TB wandering around looking friendless please say hi - it could be a long day! :)

Mrs Pink

Visit site
Hi
I did the one in May and it ran after some pretty heavy rain
They did take one fence out towards the end of the course due to the conditions but that was all, it was a skinny barrel after dropping of a step

Dressage was next to the wagon park, nice and flat
The SJ is on a surface and warm up was in the indoor school

The XC was fairly straight forward skinny barrel and an open ditch with a stream running through it and you run through a wooded bit twice, there was couple of boggy patches but nothing you could't avoid, the time was also slower than BE so plenty of time to pick you way round

I did use a head cam so I'll try and link the vidhttp://http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc415/MrsPink123/?action=view&current=PICT0005-1.mp4

Hope that works and good luck :D
PS watch with the sound off, it's very windy & noisy ;)

Batgirl

Visit site
Ground was fab yesterday at their mini ODE. Shoestring eventing website has pics of all the fences on.

I really like N'ton, really welcoming course, nice people running it, can't wait until I can take my new boy, good luck

Cazzah

Visit site
Ground was fab yesterday at their mini ODE. Shoestring eventing website has pics of all the fences on.

I really like N'ton, really welcoming course, nice people running it, can't wait until I can take my new boy, good luck

Great to know the ground is ok. Forecast doesn't look TOO bad this week so hopefully we'll manage a run!

Puffin

Visit site
I was at teh unaffiliated about a month ago and the SJ was on grass but the Dressage was on the surface (outdoor with warmup inside) so I think they vary it. XC course is lovely, goes in and out of a wood, as well as round the fields. Its a really nice event.

Muddyboots

Visit site
I have been to NEC a fair few times and the sj/dressage is usually the same as puffin has described. Xc is good. The only big question is the ditch but there is a L option. I've entered the 90cm too-fingers crossed it runs!

JenHunt

Visit site
I think it's a lovely course, and the ground is fairly sandy so tends to hold up well to traffic and wet weather

the course is well built, good quality timber and inviting fences really.

IMO the dressage has been improved since they put in the new outdoor arena, but does mean there's not a great deal of warm up space, and it's indoors. SJ field chews up a little in really heavy weather but the course builder tends to be kind :)

Hope you have a fab time!