Northamptonshire livery (also in CR)

Emma S

Visit site
I'm looking for another livery yard in Northamptonshire, preferably as close to Northampton as possible.

My current yard is nice, facilities are good except no floodlights but a well surfaced 30x60m school and all year round turnout whatever the weather, very big boxes and secure lorry parking. He is on full livery except I have to make my feeds and evening feed (they wont do it)

Current negatives - the YM is a bit of a sour old bag and is constantly making snide comments, she took the rubber mats out of my box because it was easier to muck out without them in!
The last 3 nights I have been up I have had to put more straw in because he was practially on concrete! The YM wont put more in because she thinks it's fine :mad: and it has happened before.
The lack of floodlights will pose a problem in the winter and any hacking means a fair amount of roadwork first.

I'm looking for any yards that will offer at least assisted DIY, going up twice a day causes a lot of problems for me because of medical issues. Preferably part or full livery but I know I can't afford most full liveries (I pay apprx £300 p/m atm) must have a fairly good school, not too fussed on hacking.

Any suggestions??

Emma S

Visit site
Thanks, Blisworth is really too far for me. I live 20 miles on the other side of northampton and work the otherside too.
I think I know the yard you are thinking of though and it is nice!

bugbee717

Visit site
There is whiston, maes in doddington, whistlefields overstone. You could try john hope in Grendon or park hill in castle ashby, low farm. There are not that many this side.

Tilda

Visit site
Definitely try John Hope at Grendon he is a really nice man - really tried to help me and some friends out in an emergency situation and he didn't know us from Adam, only reason we didn't go there was because we managed to find someone closer. I believe there is someone on the yard who does assisted services too.

Good luck finding the right yard is sooooo hard I had my horse on 4 different yards in one year before I found my current brilliant one :)

Enfys

Visit site
Vale Farm, Ashton ?

I believe it is a livery yard now, it was a racing yard when I lived there many years ago.

Emma S

Visit site
Definitely try John Hope at Grendon he is a really nice man - really tried to help me and some friends out in an emergency situation and he didn't know us from Adam, only reason we didn't go there was because we managed to find someone closer. I believe there is someone on the yard who does assisted services too.

Good luck finding the right yard is sooooo hard I had my horse on 4 different yards in one year before I found my current brilliant one :)

Thanks, I would rather find somewhere that the assisted livery or part livery is included. not just someone on the yard, think it could cause too many issues!

Vale Farm, Ashton ?

I believe it is a livery yard now, it was a racing yard when I lived there many years ago.

I have looked at them before but their the wrongside of the M1 for me really!

sammy69

Visit site
Glebe farm in bozeat nr wellingborough are fantastic. All services diy,part and full excellent facilities.

missmatch

Visit site
Theres a new yard in Brington which looks amazing. They only do part or full livery and I prefer diy - I will dig out the info for you if that would be any use x

MoodyMare11

Visit site
Definately try John Hope at Grendon I was there for 2years whilst at college, Glebe Farm at Bozeat is quite good too or a bit further out theres a yard at Poddington that has vacancies

x

winter0190

Visit site
there is low farm in bozeat £30 a week with large indoor and outdoor arenas with walker and american barn stables, good turn out, diy part or full. 01933 665562

Theres also:-
moulton college nn37rr
east lodge farm stables nn60qu 01604 764429
delapre park nn47bs
all work equestrian centre nn47bs

hope you find summit soon :-D

Bionic Boy

Visit site
Theres a new yard in Brington which looks amazing. They only do part or full livery and I prefer diy - I will dig out the info for you if that would be any use x

I think you mean Stoneacre that has just opened. PM me if you want the number.

You could also look at salcy ridings, they do full or part livery.

bugbee717

Visit site
I only hope your reputation does not go with you, and the new yard and people, Need to get too know you, as you are a nice person, and do well by your horse. Both you or I will never be at Grendon again, Hugs and kisses lol.