Noseband bit combinations

Rachntabby

Term Time: Manchester Holiday: Stoke-on-Trent
Visit site
which nosebands would you never use with particular bits and why?

just thinking as im sure i heard someone saying you shouldnt use a grackle with a gag or something similar and i dont want to use the wrong combination or anything

thanx
grin.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I think most things are 'acceptable' depending on how they are used. I don't think I would put a hackamore with a flash/grakle (although I am sure there will be a sj'er that has!) I have a friend that used to ride in a double bridle with a mexican, so if thats possible - I would think lots of combinations are. (This was to stop it bolting after bad treatment from a previous owner - is now ridden is something a lot less hefty
smile.gif
)

CrazyMare

Visit site
Some nosebands and bits won't go together, those with curb chains and flash/grackles come to mind. I'm sure someone HAS put them together, but it wouldn't be my first choice to use.

JM07

Visit site
i'd much rather use a grackle with a gag than a flash with a gag...

i rather like a grackle....its a "nice" noseband.

a drop is also preferable than a flash....

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Some nosebands and bits won't go together, those with curb chains and flash/grackles come to mind. I'm sure someone HAS put them together, but it wouldn't be my first choice to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you have said doesnt make sense..

curbed bits work far better with a grackle than a flash..as they are two different types of noseband with two different uses..

i've used a gracle with a pelham..and a gag...