not a which stallion but a which mare

crabbymare

Visit site
I am looking at having a broodmare on free lease (I pay keep and stallion and associated insemination fees) for this season and have a choice from 2. both in germany and I have somewhere to keep whichever one I choose thats acceptable to the owner at a very reasonable cost so the cost side of things is fine as is the contract. my rather nice dilemma is which mare. both have consistantly produced good foals and both have previously been easy to get in foal and easy foalers and both are empty so can be inseminated at any time so they are equal there. alphabetically the first is florencio-prince thatch-lysander and her 2014 foal was purchased by the state stud as a stallion prospect. If he gets licenced at the end of this year she could be very popular as a dam especially if she were to have a colt. the other one is sandro hit- rouletto-prince thatch and she has one in usa thats competing and her 5yr old is in austria going very well and being aimed at the world young horse champs. I am not saying which I am leaning towards as I would like opinions on which others would go with. the foal will definitely be for sale

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
What is the rest of the motherline like in the 2nd and 3rd generations?
personally I would chose the Florencio but then I dont like sandro Hit.

I am leasing a mare this year and as I have a specific stallion in mind I want to use, i am looking for a specific stamp of a mare as well as being very fussy about the dam line.

crabbymare

Visit site
thanks for the reply :) the florencio is the 6th sps in a row from the dam and her halfbrother is licensed with the canadian warmblood society one half sister was successfull to ele and also eventing to 1.10m before being bred from and another was doing dressage but lost touch. the second dam only had a few foals and they went to at least ele dressage and I think at least 2 were sps. the sandro hit has a fullbrother who qualified for the bc and was nominated for the young horse world championships for the country of his owner who was a gp rider and expects him to go there. her half brother is sucessfull in the states winning and placed in gp dressage to their championship level. her second dam had at least 2 sps mares and 2 stallions/geldings that went to adv medium possibly advanced dressage. I am thinking the same as you re the florencio but the sandro hit mare does have a line which is producing good dressage horses

Last edited:

crabbymare

Visit site
well the decision was made and she arrived at the place she will be living this afternoon. I saw her arrive on the cctv (she was led the couple of miles from where she was) and she looked as good as in the photos when she was trotted up for me to see live and is very settled in the stable - no prizes for guessing what I was looking at when I knew she was on her way and was nearly there :D I now fully expect the other mare to produce the most fantastic foal who will win foal shows and make a lot of money for whoever loans her :D