not coming into season

Janetterose

Visit site
My mare is currently at stud. Before she went she was very obvious with her seasons. She arrived a week before she was due back on but failed to show to the stallion. She has now been there for 6 weeks without a season and the stud have tried 2 jabs of Prosolvin witout success and she is now on Regumate for 10 days before another jab. The stud are very positive that it will work but has anyone else got any experience of this and how successful this treatment usually is.
Thanks Janette

sallyf

Visit site
Have they scanned her to see if there is any follicular activity or just given her prosovin and teased her as some mares can cycle silently particularly when there is a stallion about.
Some can be real tarts with a gelding but are worried by the stallion and not show.
if she has just decided to shut down then the regumate should work.
Very occasionally it doesnt.

Janetterose

Visit site
Thanks - Thats very reassuring - shes at Langaller and they are brilliant and know exactly what they are doing. I just needed a bit of extra reassurance.
Janette

sallyf

Visit site
I would question though why it has taken them 6 weeks to decide to put her on regumate.
Prosolvin takes between 2-5 days to work so assuming you then gave another straight after which is what we would do that is only a fortnight max plus a week to tease when she arrived making 3 weeks so she has stood in a field doing nothing for quite a while.

AndyPandy

Visit site
I agree that it is a little odd that they took so long to get their act together. Depending on how carefully they have timed the use of the regumate, she may or may not ovulate/cycle successfully. As long as they are palpating/ultrasounding regularly (at least every other day at the moment) then they should be able to get it right this time. Let us know any more news!

clipertyplop

Visit site
oh dear !!!!!!!!!!how frustrating i know just how you feel, my mare did the same, and what a coincidence same stud...fingers crossed my mare has a 24 day scan tomoz, but at last scan wasn't looking too promissing
frown.gif

lucysnapshot

Visit site
my mare wouldnt show in season to the stallion so was given the prosolvin injection on several occasions and covered without success. she was scanned and everything was in working order. sent her back the next year, and she came into season by herself and got covered once and was scanned in foal! she was 19/20yrs old and had had a break from breeding so she must of been getting in to the swing of things

Janetterose

Visit site
Spoke to Steve at langaller today - he is great! He owns Weld the stallion that Rose is visiting if she ever uncrosses her legs! I think it is fab how much he loves Weld. Will scan Rose if not showing by Thursday - fingers crossed! (not legs)

Janetterose

Visit site
I just wanted to say that I have ridden since I was 5 and have wanted a horse ever since. Last year at the age of 41 I finally realised my dream and got Rose. I love her so much that I could not stand the thought of losing her and have sent her away for putting into foal. Fingers crossed - I am missing her so much!
Shes a madam but we are so alike.
Janette

Winifred

Visit site
Weirdly, a friends mare is there at the moment as well and still hadn't come into season after 5 weeks before they have started to do something which I thought was a bit of a long wait...

Janetterose

Visit site
Having worked the dates back I am quite happy and Langaller could not be more helpful to me. They know each mare by name which is trult remarkable given their size and speak to me whenever I am worried.