Not doggy but...

mattilda

Visit site
I know more of you in here.
My old mare Sophie came in with colic tonight. Vet has been and given her Buscopan and a massive pain killer. She brightened up for a while but is now lying down again. She seems bright in herself and gets up when I go to check on her but it's not looking great is it? Vet said she may get down again so I'll give her a bit longer before I call the vet again. She is 28 and I have no intention of putting her through surgery so am scared it may be the end for her. Please cross all your digits for her. J x

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Just posted on your thread in NL but will say the same here. Keeping everything crossed for you that she pulls through, you have had a rough time recently with your animals and deserve some better luck.

mattilda

Visit site
Well have to say my lot don't make life easy for me. She went downhill and was flat out and very unhappy to say the least so called the vet and said I think it's time to call it a day. I was in tears cuddling Soph and waiting for the vet to arrive. Just as she pulled up mare gets up and stays up. Heart rate is normal and her breathing slowed right down. She has now had a sedative to make her more comfortable and to buy us some time. So now playing a waiting game. Bloomin' animals...hope she makes it though, miserable old bag that she is, I still love her.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Our little Cushings pony did something similar a couple of weeks ago M, vet had been out to her to check an abcess, within half an hour of vet leaving she was throwing herself round stable obviously in great pain. I couldn't really walk her as she was hopping lame but just led her on to yard,whilst waiting for vet. She was constantly going down then lay flat on her side groaning, and I actually thought she had stopped breathing and I was preparing how to break the news she had gone to daughter in Australia. Then the pony rolled back on to her chest, stood up , shook herself and started grazing. By the time vet came she was back to normal, and showed no further signs though I had a sleepless night. I really hope it is something similar with Sophie, sending her lots of vibes.