Not enough hours in the day!!!

11bluewolf

Visit site
Im studying for my exams so don't have loads and loads of time to ride unfortunately and cannot ride before school as yard opens at 7:30 so wouldn't have enough time to get back shower and get to school. How did/do you manage while studying for exams/or having a busy lifestyle to ride enough? I probably ride about 4 times a week which are quite decent work outs but horse still getting fat on little hay and restricted grazing. Probably don't have the best time management but are there any tips on how to find a few extra hours in the day? (Also getting someone to ride for me isn't an option as limited funds)

gnubee

Visit site
Do you have any friends who are taking riding lessons who might like some free riding whilst you are studying without the commitment of a long term share (if your horse is safe enough to make it work)?
You say you can't ride before school which makes it sound a bit like there is some time in the morning you could spend on it. Could you restructure your study plan to use that time for revision instead and thereby free up the evenings for more riding? I also often find transport time is wasted. If you are getting a lift or the bus anywhere if you plan well you can use that time for reading, or if intensive reading in a vehicle bothers you you can use the time to test your knowledge by looking at practice papers of short questions and thinking through what your answer would be etc.

Otherwise, unless he is getting so fat there is a health risk, keep restricting the grazing and soak hay to reduce the weight gain, and remember that it is not forever and you can pick up riding more frequently again once the exams are over.

Crackerz

Visit site
I just managed some how!
I rode 2-4 horses every evening after school and college all the way through my exams. I used my lunch breaks & late eves to revise :)

applecart14

Visit site
It is hard to have the enthusiasm. I work 9 hours a day, have one hour 40 mins drive altogether a day and I am absolutely shattered when I arrive at the livery yard. I try to ride every day and when I can't I shove him in the sand paddock. Last night I went for an hours hack which turned into an hour and 3/4 because he was naughty so I was determined not to let him turn for home and take the easy option!

By the time I got to my partners it was nearly 8pm and then I had to have my tea and then I fell asleep. So when it was time to go home I was shattered and actually fell asleep at the traffic lights. As soon as my head touched the pillow when I was home I was out of it until 5.45am this morning when the alarm went off to get to work. We are handing over on Friday (work on construction site) so things are manic at the moment, one of our staff has had a heart attack this morning. :(