Not good news on my return to riding

lme

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear that Mrs Jingle. I really hope your hip settles down and that you find a new riding partner to take you into your 80s.

I’m a few years younger than you but had my first hip op (resurfacing) done in my 40s and am holding off on getting the other one done as my surgeon won’t do another resurfacing because ‘statistically women have poor outcomes’ and I don’t want a replacement. For me physio, narrow horses (definitely no cobs) and jumping saddles seem to work best.

I’ve bought myself a 17h 4yo WB x IS and am crossing my fingers that she doesn’t chunk out too much as she’s supposed to be my last ridden horse.

Winters100

Visit site
I am so very sorry to hear this, how terribly disappointing for you. I really wish you luck for your recovery, and I hope that you will be back in the saddle sooner than you think.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
That's rubbish MrsJ :( and very frustrating for you when you were hoping for improvement but it's still so grumbly. Horse is a particularly handsome chap but very tall! Hope physio can get you more functional again and you can then get a new last-till-your-80 horse

oldie48

Visit site
That's so disappointing for you, hip replacements are usually very successful but hopefully a good physio can get you pain free. If you can find a qualified physio who also teaches equipilates, I can thoroughly recommend using one to get riding fit again. Friend with double hip replacement and me( just loads of different injuries to work round) find it really helps and working with a proper physio gives me confidence. As you know I've had to retire Rose, who was bought just before my 70th, although it's sad, deep down I know she was just a little bit unpredictable to be the "safe" ride I need now I'm on blood thinners whereas my share horse gives me masses of confidence. Good luck in finding the "one for you

minesadouble

Visit site
I had hip tendinopathy which responded brilliantly to Shockwave therapy. I know that Shockwave is also used to treat Bursitis so if you have a good physio that uses it within driving distance of you I would get booked in ASAP.
I couldn't run a step without excruciating pain for about 8 weeks or so. After just my second Shockwave session I managed a short slow run and by the end of the six week course I was totally fixed so definitely worth looking into. It's not cheap but worth every penny!