Not in foal

Irishcobs

Visit site
The baggage is not in foal. She has a hell of alot of fluid in the uterus and is staying at the vets for a few days to find out if the fluid is sterile and to find out what is going on.

So the next step, well I'm going to give it other go, see if she will take next time and if not give up of this year and next year send her to a sud to be cover naturally.

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh no
frown.gif

What a pain!

AndyPandy

Visit site
Sorry to hear the news. Fluid could be any number of things.

Did you find out if she was washed out fully, and how many times after AI?

Also, try to find out what extender the stud is using - this can sometimes cause an allergic reaction in the mare: see if your vet things it might be swelling due to a reaction with the extender.

There are loads of options to try and find out what went wrong.. the more information you get, the better. Let us know how things go!

Fingers crossed!
smile.gif

sallyf

Visit site
Echo Andypandy on this one.
AI with fresh unextended semen stright from the stallion is cleanest as you can use such a small amount.
Much cleaner than natural cover although i know the stud isnt very near you but i would perpaps drive her down inseminate there and then and drive her home again.
Also many new drugs avaliable now .
We had one mare last year and used standard wash out drugs and still had fluid problems.
Tried something totally differant in the end ,differant drug and voila no fluid the next day couldnt believe it and in foal.
This mare had failed to respond to the normal flushing out and wash out drugs.

Irishcobs

Visit site
I will ask the vet tomorrow about washing her out, I didn't think about it tonight. And I'll find out about the extender when I ring the stud tomorrow. He was talking about giving her more Oxytocin and washing her out tomorrow after he has swabbed her so he can see what is causing it.

AndyPandy

Visit site
Also if you are really keen to get her in foal this year, an endometrial biopsy and assessment could provide the vet with useful information about how healthy her uterus is, and if there is any underlying age- or injury- related uterine pathology.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Oh no
frown.gif
I am sorry!

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't get my WB in-foal last year by AI using fresh semen, stud reckons she will by natural covering as there is nothing wrong that they could see. I was going to try her again this year but too busy so next year we shall try again.

Good Luck, my fingers will be tightly crossed for you.

spaniel

Visit site
Oh no...was really hoping for a positive from her....hopefully she can get her insides sorted and will take next attempt.