Not planned but Q has gone to a new home

Quarrybank

Visit site
For those a you who have seen my postings about the lovely chestnut in my siggie - he owes me nothing & I love him to bits.
He's evented, got me into dressage & taken (& got placed) at the BD regionals
smile.gif

He's 11 now (I've had him since he was 4) & sadly he was diagnosed with bone spavins last year which means he has v good days & then stiff days. The plan was that he'd stay with me for good & I'd hack him, keep schooling him & compete him once a month or so, so he still got to go to a party
smile.gif

However 3 weeks ago a friend of mine (who's a dressage judge) was saying that she was struggling to find a safe, well schooled horse, who's not a plod, for her boss (an older gentleman) to hack. Most of what she'd been to see she wouldn't let him get on.
crazy.gif
Another friend of mine said 'how about Q'
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I hadn't thought about selling him, but she asked if she could bring him to see him. So 2 weeks ago they came, she rode him in the school, then he did ( was stunned to be told he'd got him on the bit
grin.gif
) & then took him out for a hack, where he met all sorts & Q (as usual) didn't bat an eye.

They asked then & there if they could have him. They are the perfect home for him & if I could have asked for someone to have him this would've been it. I took him last saturday (after a few tears) to their house, with it's lovely stables, large field with loads of grass & someone who dislikes schooling as much as I think Q does
grin.gif
grin.gif

I've had a update & he is over the moon with Q. They've been out hacking & are having a whale of a time together.

I think sometimes these things are meant to be & although I miss him, I know he's got the perfect home & will be spoilt rotton.

Thanks for reading
cool.gif

Nats_uk

Visit site
Aww hun - well done for making such a different decision
frown.gif

Sounds like he has gone to a wonderful home
grin.gif

Amaretto

Visit site
I do think sometimes these things are meant to happen. Friend had a lovely welsh D who was competing at novice level affiliated dressage, very correctly, but lacked the scope to go further. She had no intention of selling him, but was approached by the family of a young BYRDS rider after seeing him out. Friend is a very talented rider, who is ambitious and wanted to progress, but little fella wouldn't have taken her there. The approach from the young BYRDS rider was probably fate - he is now in a wonderful home, teaching her everything, and said friend has now got a beautifully bred dressage youngster to bring on. Win Win situation,l although I know my friend misses him terribly and has cried bucket loads!!! You have done the right thing IMO. Horsey is happy and loved!
smile.gif

Shipley

Visit site
O Hun, I am so glad and sad for you as well, It was obviousally meant to be and he will be very happy, Lots of hugs to you thought I know its hard