Not sure what to think.....

Annagain

Visit site
My very lovely dental vet has been to see the boys this morning. She gave Monty a cuddle and then said she sees pink around him. I must have looked a bit askance as she then said "sorry I don't normally tell people what I see / hear around horses as most people think would think I'm mad." She interpreted the pink as love and warmth. She also said she can hear Charlie 'chattering' but can't interpret it. I'm not sure what to think really. I'm pleased it was something positive from M but I'm not sure I believe in it all. On the other hand, I'm not arrogant enough to think that because I can't see / hear this it doesn't happen! I'm very happy she does an extra good job of keeping their mouths happy and if she can interpret anything else that's great, I suppose. I wouldn't pay for it but I won't completely discount it if information is offered to me. I'm most surprised she didn't get anything from Arch as I would imagine he would be the one wanting to be heard, even if it's just to tell a dirty joke :D.

Also, she's not done Archie before, other than a quick check 6 months ago when we decided to leave him but after having a good look today, she's another one who thinks Archie is 2-3 years older than his passport says (that's 3 professionals now), which would make him 27-28. I'm rather proud of how amazing he's looking if he is. I was told when we discovered his melanomas at 12 (14/15) I'd be lucky to get him to 20 (22/23).

Last edited:

Bernster

Visit site
Hmm, I’m a sceptic. My friend believes in it but I’m not sure why a horse would tell you what colour halter or water bucket it likes. Seems oddly specific. Maybe some folks are especially good at interpreting a horse‘s body language, demeanour or non verbal communication - that I can understand.

Annagain

Visit site
Hmm, I’m a sceptic. My friend believes in it but I’m not sure why a horse would tell you what colour halter or water bucket it likes. Seems oddly specific. Maybe some folks are especially good at interpreting a horse‘s body language, demeanour or non verbal communication - that I can understand.

I think it's more that she thought he was exuding a pink 'aura' which she felt was love and warmth rather than saying he likes pink. She had no reason at all to say it which is why it struck me - she wasn't trying to sell me her communication services or tell me anything about him, it was just out of her mouth before she stopped herself. It was only then she said about Charlie - he was done first and Monty was last so this was a good two hours after doing Charlie. I am normally very sceptical normally but this threw me!

Peglo

Visit site
I had a horse whisperer out to my TB but I’m very in the fence too. Some things were like ‘oh yeah could be’ and then other stuff made little sense. I want to believe it in but I don’t know.

Bernster

Visit site
AA my comment about colour was my friends experience, not about the aura in your case. The aura would in my mind veer more towards that latter thing I was saying.

People who can identify what colour water bucket a horse likes would go into my ‘crackpot’ category ?

littleshetland

Visit site
I was on the phone to friend of mine (she was a 'sensitive) and she kept telling me that my horse was complaining to her of having metal in his leg...this was all happening in real time. I could hardly hear her as my phone was right next to the yard and my horse was chasing and banging for his dinner (he was a terrible door kicker) 'He says he's got metal in his leg' she yelled again 'I'll ring you later...Ive got to feed the horses'. I went outside, opened the stable door to feed the noisy beast and a piece of the metal cladding on the inside of the stable door was stabbing him in the leg. No real harm done, he was fine, but she was always amazing me with what she said sometimes.

Visit site
AA my comment about colour was my friends experience, not about the aura in your case. The aura would in my mind veer more towards that latter thing I was saying.

People who can identify what colour water bucket a horse likes would go into my ‘crackpot’ category ?

We had one who told us that my dartmoor pony didn't like his name. He wanted to be called Free not Freebie and that he wanted a red food bucket. Uh huh....

little_critter

Visit site

I thought my horses preferred the pink bucket in their field, I always had to refill that bucket more often than the other one.
I then found it had a slow leak! ?

SEL

Visit site
I had a bodyworker out to mine and she did my gelding who isn't a regular customer. After she'd finished she said I'm getting really strong vibes about mint off him - no idea what that means.

I'd bought a packet of extra strong mints that morning and they were in my coat pocket. He loves them and was obviously a bit cross they hadn't been handed out.

J&S

Visit site
I am just an old hippie....... I have a vague memory of "rosy glow" around horses, some thing to do with them being "higher beings". I have tried to google for a connection to possibly Rosicrucians but can't find any thing.
Maybe this will jog a memory with some one else?

Annagain

Visit site
Honestly I am such a pragmatic, feet on the floor sort of person but I had an experience that has left me completely open to things that I can't explain. Why not just accept that your horse is happy and in a really good place with you. Sometimes we don't need affirmation but if it's there,just accept it.
I wouldn't pay for it, but I'm very happy to take it!