Not the most exciting topic-lightweight stirrup iron recommendations

AutumnRose

Visit site
I need to get some new irons for my jump saddle.....i want to increase the grip of my boot in the stirrup. Not sure whats happened to the soles of my boots but last few times i've jumped in my leather boots they feel like they slip on the treads.

Anyways, thought i'd look into getting some of the cheese-grater style ones to help with this and i quite like the idea of the aluminium ones (whilst i work to reduce my slight (
blush.gif
) thunder thighs it wouldnt hurt to keep the weight down
wink.gif
:p!!)

Any recommendations, the Thorowgood Tuff ones are cheapest but don't know if thats a good thing....Mark Todd also do ones i think??

Thoughts and opinions appreciated
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

lizfh65

Visit site
Hi - do be careful - I had some lightweight stirrups and when my horse had a bucking fit I did not lose the nearside stirrup as I exited on the off side! Will only use bent leg irons now but do like the Mountain Horse stirrup treads for grip. I don't have the matching boots but they work well with any footwear.

OneInAMillion

Visit site
I use the thorogood tuff stirrups and they are brilliant have had the same pair just over two years now and they still have plenty of tread left in the stirrups and i ride 5-6 times a week in them and event

Super_starz

Visit site
I got my Royal rider flex stirrups on Ebay for £45 brand new! i love the cheese grater treads, i feel my feet never move
laugh.gif

Tnavas

Visit site
Lightweight stirrup irons are not safe - heavy ones hang better and are less likely to catch your foot if you fall.

Rub the soles of your boots a few times with some coarse sand paper.