Not the most exciting topic.. ragwort

silvershadow81

Visit site
I rent an additional meadow from some neighbours over the summer and last year it had a load of ragwort growing in it (it was the first year i had rented it, so wasnt aware of these issues!)

We spent weeks pulling the stuff up and managing it so that the horses were no where near it- so sucsess...

however this year, instead of spending my summer evenings pulling ragwort (and more time lazing on the vino!) i wondered if there was a spray which i could get to have the fields sprayed, before it appeared (horses are not in it until April/ May and i can always pullt them off it to be sprayed)

I am hoping there is such a treatment... and if so, when would be the best time to do it- i am assuming before the stuff grows and flowers?!

any advice/ experiences welcomed xx

hobgoblin

Visit site
You don't have to use roundup which will kill your grass
A weed killer that works on broadleaf will kill ragwort and not your grass contact any reputable weed spraying company
If your in east anglia

hobgoblin

Visit site
Trying to post on my phone sorry... As I was saying if your in east Anglia or linconshire I can pm you the details of the company I use

silvershadow81

Visit site
There was loads of it- so spraying each bit would be just as timely as pulling it up- i am hoping we managed to make a dent in the population last year so that there wont be so much this year.

Glad there is something you can use which dosnt kill the grass (that cant be an optoin!)
Hobgoblin, if you could send me the details, that would be great. If i need to act before March, i want to make sure the plan is in place to attack it early enough!

Thanks xx

lochpearl

Visit site
Hey you!! I can get you a number of a local sprayer, and he does all Chesterford etc so your area should be fine. xxx

silvershadow81

Visit site
Star hun! Ill pass it all onto the landlords and they can sort. I just needed to do the 'legwork' of collecting what is do-able and by who and they can sort it- after all i am paying extra to use the meadow- and last year, it wasnt fit for anything!

Hope the boys are good? MUST set a date to catch up- about to drive back to sheffie- 2nd time this week... manic! xx

lochpearl

Visit site
No worries, will get the number of the sprayer man tonight from hubby. I'll text you.

You are welcome to come over whenever you like hun, come and ride the lumps!!! xxx