Not to be upstaged...CS also off to Hartpury!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
:)

after NMT and Figwigpig's success on sat, there was a teeny bit of pressure on CS and I to continue the brown TB run of super poncing..........and I am pleased to report he managed to keep a lid on it (just, so so just!) and we will be joining them at the winter champs 2013!

came out hot as hell and even pulled the long forgotten *rear/spin/leap like a salmon/rear again* manouvre when the tannoy launched in to life just as we trotted past, which took me completely by suprise and nearly ejected me over the back of my saddle, idiot creature........so we spent the first 20min with him pinging and leaping and me grimacing at NMT every time i went past.......but he did eventually settle, and even walk in a mostly sensible fashion.

he wasn't quite as over the back as i would have liked, so the lateral work wasn't 100% fluid, but he was taking me forward and really trying in the HP work........i have noticed i have a gimpy left arm which NMT needs to paste me about, as i look like my right arm is about 6 inches longer in every pic, damnit!

test was MUCH improved on Kingswood, simple changes actually went through walk rather than piaffe, we only did one set of erratic 2's in our ext canter, we did no Tennessee walking horse demented canter on the spot, no jogging in our walk, and although i could feel how electric he was, he tried very hard to stay with me and i was super proud of his attitude :)

elected NOT to go in to the prize giving (wherever i had been placed) as it was still windy and he passaged all the way back to the lorry like a space hopper on speed, so in the interests of safety we put him away and waited for scores......judges not going mad with them, winner was a very very experienced horse on 68.08%, CS 2nd on 63.67% and then 3rd on 62.79% and everything else around 60%.

managed a quick word with the judge who said to be braver and ride more forward, easier said than done i feel , as he would have gone orbital under pressure today but i do feel its all going in the right direction when he can be a bit tense, make a mistake and still come 2nd.

P1120702.jpg

P1120708.jpg

P1120709.jpg

P1120755.jpg

P1120783.jpg

P1120793.jpg

P1120803.jpg

P1120824.jpg

P1120853.jpg

P1120863.jpg

P1120874.jpg

P1120881.jpg

am relieved as much as thrilled, that the creature is finally showing what he's capable of, to all the people who have had so much faith in him and told me to keep on plugging away! really feel like its coming together with more consistency, and that we have got on top of all his little quirks management wise, phew!

so very happy with him, excited for joint road tripping to Hartpury next year with NMT and Figlet :)

TarrSteps

Visit site
Well done. I'm sure you two aren't competitive but it's nice for you to both get a chance to go.

He seems to have put on quite a lot of condition since your last set of pics - did you end up changing his management at all?

Gamebird

Visit site
Well done to all four of you - and enjoy Hartpury. It's a shame that there's only one set of Pet Plans per year - I wish there were Summer and Winters. I'm sure it will be an epic road trip.

I might have missed it but what level was that at?

bananas_22

Visit site
Brilliant stuff, really pleased to see it all coming together so well for all 4 of you and can't wait for Hartpury report-much documentation of the road trip required! :cool:

I sympathise with the left arm issue...mine likes to wither away the second my focus is distracted and has to be dragged back up from the gutter into acceptable riding position. Tsssk! :roll:

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
thank you everyone, really looking forward to it (albeit it, lets be honest, he's going to be a raving nobber isnt he?!)

interesting re his condition too, as think he's finally settling muscle wise (and i do think it takes a while for a new diet to kick in when EPSM is an issue) and is now laying down a bit of fat as well as muscle. Will see how he goes once the temp drops i guess.

he felt really happy forward and happy sharp, not downing tools or grumping just keen to get on with the job and thinking forward, which in its self is a big deal, long may that continue !!!!!!

Tempi

Visit site
thank you everyone, really looking forward to it (albeit it, lets be honest, he's going to be a raving nobber isnt he?!)

I qualified my grey the first year I had him and actually he was very good - i was incredibly surprised as I nearly didnt go due to his unpredictable behaviour at home and competing. A couple of spastic moments in the warmup but he was excellent in his tests and did himself (and me!) proud!

At least the Petplans are outdoors aswell, the indoor at Hartpury is v spooky.

Alfami

Visit site
Well done Team Sparkle!

(Sorry NMT, I never quite got round to commenting on your post the other day, so this'll have to do for all of you).

Both horses are a credit to you and I'm already looking forward to the Hartpury report.

I'm still in awe of how white all your dead sheep/ bandages white bits are though!

JGC

Visit site
Awww, well, he couldn't let the NKOTB have all the fun, could he? :)

Looking good at it seems like you've got over the blip you had so good news!

nikkimariet

Visit site
Well done Team Sparkle!

(Sorry NMT, I never quite got round to commenting on your post the other day, so this'll have to do for all of you).

Both horses are a credit to you and I'm already looking forward to the Hartpury report.

I'm still in awe of how white all your dead sheep/ bandages white bits are though!

Haha!! Thank you :)

I think we might just have to order some Team Sparkle hoodies for Hartpury ;)

Well done! He looks a lot better in those photos. Looks like it's all falling into place for you both :D What level have you qualified at?

Advanced Medium Open :)

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
thanks all :) he's having a short break now, then going to the arena UK festival anyway, to get more*big atmosphere practice*, and then to ROR.

we will needs lots of diff colour hoodies for every ensemble?!

luckyhorseshoe

Visit site
Fantastic!! And team sparkle hoodies must be ordered now surely!

I know mine isn't sharp on the same level as yours but she is extremely green and inexperienced and I took her to hartpury to compete this summer - I found it to be a nice venue and not at all scary for the horses, so I hope you will too!

Worried1

Visit site
Really well done, he's certainly rolled a few punches to keep you on your toes hasn't he ;) great result and hugely exciting for both of you to be heading to Hartpury :) well done ladies and of course not forgetting the bay boys ;)

LowenKi

Visit site
Yay that's brilliant well done - both of you! You need to do the brown TB contingent proud now ;) no pressure!!

I absolutely love your super poofy plaits... don't suppose you've got a close up good picture of them at all so I can sneakily try to copy?! Take it they're just big hooded plaits or do you have a special technique?

x