Nothing beats hunting on boxing day

Bossanova

Visit site
Hunted the connie pony today- he performed for everyone at the meet with his circus tricks (we were more popuar than hounds
smirk.gif
) but after that was foot perfect.
Didnt stop galloping and jumping till 1.30 when I took my tired little pony home and he is now flat out in his box, feeling very pleased with himself
smirk.gif

Did anyone else go out today??

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
yes, and your right, nothing does beat hunting on boxing day! love it when we leave the meet and you get greeted with huge roars of cheers and clapping, makes you feel so proud
grin.gif

Jay89

Visit site
lol i agree!! Never hunted on boxing day before, but have always followed. We meet in a little village called Lacock and the street is packed with hunt supporters and the cheers and clapping was great!! And for some strange reason no Antis lol!!

sunny123

Visit site
I had a great day aswell, took my friends little coloured pony who was suprisingly well behaved! His little face looked so happy and proud as he trotted out to all the cheering! We didnt have any antis either, just a very very good day!

the watcher

Visit site
Mine went out today, not with me on board! However my friend who took her out had a great day, hundreds of people out in Chipping Norton town centre and dozens of horses.

Very bad photos....
PC250035.jpg

Beautiful at the start
PC250036.jpg

and a bit sweaty half way round
PC250038.jpg

it wa sher first full day out and she managed post and rails and a 3'6 hedge so I am well proud of her..she is snoozing in her bed now..and so is the jockey as they were out until gone 3

Irishcobs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
lol i agree!! Never hunted on boxing day before, but have always followed. We meet in a little village called Lacock and the street is packed with hunt supporters and the cheers and clapping was great!! And for some strange reason no Antis lol!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We met the antis later. My friends got photographed lying across the bonnet of the antis landy. Police came before any trouble started though.
Was very quite today, shame I didn't no before though I could of taken Hattie.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Yup I was out, a little bit manic but a good day, Oshk enjoyed himself, but I think Buckybee almost lost her nose. No antis out today, one point we did pick up on though was that there were a LOT of kicking horses without red tape.

CastleMouse

Visit site
I went out today, was great fun! There was a large enough turnout, and lots of foot followers and spectators waiting the otherside of fences with their cameras!
grin.gif

HuntingBoxingDay009-1.jpg

HuntingBoxingDay010.jpg

HuntingBoxingDay011.jpg

severnmiles

Visit site
Sounds like you had a good day!
smile.gif

I went with OH following on foot as Boxing day is a showy day, not my cup of tea, had fun though!

Just went back for Cawl and had two bowls
blush.gif
(hadn't eaten all day!).

Oliviaandsparrow

Visit site
I've been out hunting today,we had a fantastic time. I jumped the hedges by the SUH kennels for anyone who knows the area, it was amazing, all the foot followers were lined up cheering when someone cleared the big hedge, and cheering even louder if someone fell off! Hopefully someone took a photo of us jumping the hedge *fingers crossed*.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
I noticed a lot of kickers with out tape aswell, people were saying to me 'he will kick if threatened' duh that makes him a kicker then!
confused.gif
We avoided the backend of just about everyone just to be on the safe side. Even the field master had to tell somebody to stop running up the back of his horse!
blush.gif

Jay89

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yup I was out, a little bit manic but a good day, Oshk enjoyed himself, but I think Buckybee almost lost her nose. No antis out today, one point we did pick up on though was that there were a LOT of kicking horses without red tape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea we had same problem today, my friends horse got kicked by a horse that wasn't wearing tape made such a noise!! Luckily the horse didnt have shoes on.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Its really stupid though, I mean fair enough people shouldnt let their horses dose on others bottoms but today I saw three of our regulars get double barrelled by newcomers, none of which were wearing tape, just turning round and saying "watch out, mine kicks" If thats the case at least they should have the courtesy to hold their hand behind their backs. I had a roll of red tape in my other jacket, rather sillynot to bring it out really!

the watcher

Visit site
Mine (see photo further up) was festooned in red tape, as she is a real mare,but didn't even dangle a leg all day, she has a cut on her shoulder though where she took a kick from a hunting newbie

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I went very boring day - jumped 5 ditches and a post and rails. Also managed to break my breastplate over first ditch so not amused - thank god for bailer twine. I swear to myself no more hunting with crap packs!

beaconhorse

Visit site
Had a great day too. In defence of kickers without tape. My own horse started kicking out today for the first time EVER he did not have tape on as have never had that problem before I was really shocked so was everyone that knew him.

All I can think of was it was just all the excitement

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Were you with the Wilton Boss? Unfortunately I couldn't come out today, but mum said some people/horses were worn out by 1.30 - it could've been you!

[/ QUOTE ]

It prob was- we passed her on the way home and said goodnight!
The jumpers hardly stopped for breath, must have jumped a good 20 fences.

muffinino

Visit site
I went to the mmet at Caerphilly castle and had a good time. Have always wanted to go on Boxing Day but never had a horse to go on before. It was a lovely place to meet in the ruins of a medieval castle, then set out through the town up to the woods&common. Didn't get a chance to jump unforunately but had a good day anyway and Titan is really enjoying hunting - he gets really excited when he sees the hounds or hears the horn now as he knows what's coming!

muffinino

Visit site
A woman on the Welsh news was interviewed outside the cazstle where we met & said "I don't like the idea of foxes being killed & I think it's cruel but I'm here because I like to see the animals & I like the atmosphere here. I just like the traditoin on Boxing Day" and it made me think - how hypocritical! Why turn up for the spectacle, which is a big effort on the part of those involved, if you think it is cruel and disagree with it?! I did notice that the news still refers to it as 'fox hunting ' and had an interview with an anti but not a huntsman on the main breakfast BBC news.

Dougie

Visit site
there was some tw*t with a speech problem jibbering away about how the ban is in place so should be followed on the bbc news last night!

althoug a hunter said last night "its a stupid ban so we shouldnt have to follow it" thought it was a brill way to put it!!

tigers_eye

Visit site
I went out for the first time in years (def pre-ban!), took Liberty and enjoyed it on the whole. Moving off we were approx 100 horses and 600 people - being cheered along the road for over quarter of a mile on a horse that was pleased to be there but not hotting up will stay with me for a long time. Almost had a little cry which is very unlike me! Had some good jumping although there was an awful lot of stoppers but L was fantastic and would happily trot past them and pop whatever was there. However I must say it felt a little contrived - we basicly did three large circles, clearly designed on what would entertain the field and not what a fox would do. My friend and I left at 3, having been on the move for 3 hours (and got through two hip flasks), and we left behind maybe 5 in the field so we lasted longer than most! Very very proud of the horse though.