Nothing compared to what you guys to but I had to share :D

Rachntabby

Term Time: Manchester Holiday: Stoke-on-Trent
Visit site
So I rode for uni today in a little friendly competition (my first one in 2 years).

We did the jumping first, I drew a little 14.2hh skewbald that according to the notes 'may require encouragement', I thought that would be it, me- a nervous jumper + horse that requires encouragement = elimination/fall. But it was a fab little pony and we flew over everything but clipped the last fence (my fault). Got 86/120 :D
So pleased as im such a nervous jumper, it really gave me a confidence boost!
Then I drew a 16.2hh mare which was quite grumpy and I was last to ride for the dressage, this was my first ever dressage test so I was quite nervous, by the time I got the mare she was quite tired so I really had to use my leg, struggled to get her into canter though which lost me marks but other than that it was ok. A few 8s, mostly 6/7s, got 170/240.

Still not sure if 86/120 for jumping and 170/240 for dressage is any good though?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Well done you! And don't put yourself down - its no easy thing to get on a strange horse and jump...

Don't know whether its good or bad scores either - not sure how its scored - I guess you have to compare yourself to your fellow competitor's marks?

Sounds like you had fun, and came away smiling!x

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Well done! Sounds good to me - no falling off, refusing or running off :p

Do you mind me asking which uni you're at? I've applied to (uni of) manchester as my backup - really don't want to go there - but what is the riding club like? :)

tricksibell85

Visit site
Brill. I rode for the uni up in Scotland, and its not easy riding a horse i dont know.

Bet by the end of ur events (BUSA?) u will have lots more confidence

x