Notts people... Readyfield bloodhounds @ broomhill grange?

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Has anyone been to one of the meets at Broomhill? What are they like? Suitable for a first time for a young horse? They've got a meet planned there for the end of feb, and i was thinking of taking lukey as i'm only 15 mins away and could hack there and back etc. Comments?
smile.gif
x

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
Its lovely at Broomhill, bealbys are lovely and i think its OJD there, so if you can do less if you like. Is the young horse fit? At least there is no standing around unlike proper hunting, which may tire him out more ;-p

Readyfields are a friend bunch, just don't forget your ribbons for your tail.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Thanks guys :) he's relatively fit, but as i'm stabled nearby, and know my way around that area, if he gets tired I can always take him home. Yes, it's OJD, so there'll be nothing too big for him lol x

KatB

Visit site
I wouldnt go as a first time personally. I LOVE the meet but there are some interesting fences to jump, and no it isn't OJD anymore ( or the one before Xmas isnt...)!. One of the first fields we went through you popped out over a very trappy rail onto a lane, and there are a couple of lane crossings. You also go through the river, which is fab fun, but a bit daunting for a babe!! I wont be taking Lucky there for a year or so!!

icestationzebra

Visit site
It is a great meet and loads to jump - but for me it would be too much for a babies first time. The river is deep and quite fast flowing and the banks down to it are steep - it could frighten them a bit if they were not confident with water. On a confident more established horse it is great fun though!