Now I'm 99% sure I've found 'the one'...

LauraBR

Visit site
TB mare 7yo. Ex racer and point to pointer. Been ridden by young teenager since Jan, done a bit of everything since then and not put a foot wrong. Nothing fazes her, cracking big jump. Owned by someone reputable locally who obviously loves the horse dearly. Know people who know the horse and they can verify just how safe and wonderful she is.

REALLY enjoyed riding her and she literally ticks every box. The only slight thing I wonder about is whether I look a bit big on her. Took some photos but I'm not going to post them for all to see as it's not my horse but if anyone would like to give their opinion I'll pm a pic...

Always a good sign when you drive home with a HUGE smile on your face. I could seriously have so much fun on this girl, lovely horse.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Always a good sign when you drive home with a HUGE smile on your face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds absolutely perfect!! I use the same means to gauge suitable horses
grin.gif

teapot

Visit site
Sounds fantastic
grin.gif

Who cares if you look a bit big on her - we all have to compromise with horses and if that's what you're compromising - lack of an inch or two: sounds like you've found a fantastic horse

I'll be happy to see the photos (know what it's like being too tall (5ft 10 for me)

Kelly1982

Visit site
I dont think it matters how big you look as long as you feel safe on her and she is capable of carrying your weight then thats all that matters.

Maybe you just feel big as you are used to big horses (JF & Fal were both about 17hh weren't they??) and thats why you feel a bit big.

She sounds perfect though and if you enjoyed riding her then thats what its all about isn't it??

icestationzebra

Visit site
She sounds perfect for you. Do you want to PM me a pic - would love to see her. ISZ was just 16hh and I'm 5'8 and I was paranoid I was too big for him - noone ever said so and as we got to finally event last year I couldn't have been. If she feels right - she is right.
Good luck!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I'm sure you look fine on her, Fal looks a bit bigger built than a dainty TB so it probably just feels different and will take a bit of getting used to.

Keep us updated
smile.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
What fantastic news! Fingers crossed everything runs smoothly
laugh.gif
I'm sure you look absoulutly (sp? feeling dim tonight) fine on her, could you Pm me the pic anyway....I'm curious to know what she looks like (and so I can tell you that you look a fine size on her
tongue.gif
)

x

LauraBR

Visit site
So pleased you all like her. Had pretty much made my mind up when I saw her/tried her etc but told owner I wanted to sleep on it to make 100% sure (which they seemed to appreciate actually).

_jetset_

Visit site
Can you PM a picture... I would love to see a picture of her!

I am so pleased that you have found 'the one', well, 99% sure you have! I think you know as soon as you get on them. How big is she?

What are the plans now, are you going to see her again?

Rebecca

Snowberry

Visit site
Really pleased you have found the one!! You really do deserve to have some fun with everything you've been throu recently!!!

I wouldnt worry about whether you look big on her, Becci is just out of 14.2's and she's 5ft9/5ft 10!!!!
Oh pm me a pic if you get a chance too??
grin.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Well I've slept on it.... and I'm going for it!

I think the fact I already have her pic as my desktop kind of suggests I'm smitten already lol! Going to try and arrange the vetting for next week!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I am so pleased that you have found the one. Having been in a similar situation with Fleur, I got on Jemima - totally different breed and type, green as grass but felt so safe it really helped to get rid of the bad memories of the past few years.

Go out and have fun and start enjoying riding again - having a horse should be big smiles and not tears.

Good luck to you.