NT dry

Burnttoast

Visit site
Does anyone use this? I've been recommended it for my field-kept boy. He's just had his shoes off and has really deep sulcuses (sulci?!) but will be reliably muddy from now till next summer! If I scrape the mud off will the nozzle allow me to get into the sulcus? The instructions do say don't wash the foot first. Thanks :)

mightymammoth

Visit site
Not sure about this product but ive used red horse products both arti mud and field paste with good resultsyou pack it into the crevices including the sulci.

TPO

Visit site
I've used it but I don't think that it would be suitable for a field kept horse. Although not to wash the hoof I think it needs to be clean and dry; I've always made sure that mine are. It doesn't have "stickability" in mud or wet.

Have a look at Red Horse Field Paste instead.

Ideally the horse also needs an hour daily on clean, dry hard standing to "air" the hooves if you're dealing with thrush/deep sulcus

Dizzle

Visit site
I found NT dry pretty useless, it doesn't stick to the hoof and tends to drop out when the hoof hits the floor again. Red horse Field Paste is BRILLIANT and really helped my TB's feet when he was living out, just get some gloves to apply it with as it gets everywhere. I now use the Sole Paint on my mare as she is in part of the time, really easy to apply.

Burnttoast

Visit site
Thanks all. I've been using field paste already but trimmer prefers this. Pony is coming in at night soon, primarily to save the field, but it will mean his feet get a good chance to dry out. I have been able to get the NT dry into the sulci (they're really deep :( ) but it's almost certainly not going in as far as it needs to. I think I may try a combo approach - NT dry (since I have it) once he's been in a while and his feet are dryish, and field paste before he goes out in the morning.