Numpty random questions about SJ...

EquiGal92

Visit site
Ok Ive no competition experience so please bear with me LOL :p
Ive heard many a time that you have to put your name down on the list of the starting order so you can choose whether to go first or last etc..
So my questions are:

1). does this apply to both unaffilated and affilated SJ classes?
2). do you just turn up and pay the class fee and jump at a time that suits you?
AND FIANLLY
3). does this explain that SJ classes are often long and alot of waiting around?

:)

be positive

Visit site
That is what usually happens, you enter, get a number, put number on board and go when it is your turn and yes it is why they often go on a long while as you have no idea how many entries will come forward, although every now and again they do not get many entries and you end up arriving late and rushing to get in the class you want to do.

Bernster

Visit site
Yep, as per BP's post. That's been my experience of unaff events anyway, but depends on the venue and the comp'n of course.

If you are a newbie and have a particular event in mind, you could call them in advance and find out more. I paid a visit before my first show - means you can find out the lay of the land without the pre-show nerves and preparation, suss out the standard and see what the arena is like in case you want to do some advance prep for when you do compete.

If they do course hire that is also a brilliant way to prepare and see all the jumps before you compete properly. And a clear round course rather than a class is a good way to start.

Best of luck and have fun!