Nursing my (not so happy akita)

CAYLA

Visit site
And why is she unhappy? not because she is not well (because Im forcing her indoors):rolleyes:
She refuses a bed, and only perks up when there is summit god on the TV (her one and only reason to want to remain in):D

DSC_0016-2.jpg

Monkeys on Tv gets a little smile:D
DSC_0019-4.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Jesus Christ, that's an Akita?! She looks like a bear!! Fab looking dog! Clearly my lot are horribly spoilt cos they're much happier inside on their swishy bed :eek:

CAYLA

Visit site
Everybody says she looks like a bear, she is a long coated akita, so won't see many of them:) her legs are so thick when raising a vein for bloods you can't actually get one hand around her leg:D

SaharaS

Visit site
Very gorgeous!Excellent home insulation even tho she seems to want to live out...all the large eyed sad faced huffing must surely raise the room temp by a few degrees...and I have to say what a gorgeous draught excluder she makes-my boy prefers to keep the sofa warm than the French windows!!:rolleyes:How old is she?

CAYLA

Visit site
She was 12 on the 18th of October:) her coat is actually far more immense, and its half the length as I shave her yearly:eek::p cos she likes to live under the conifers and her hair end up rock hard so she gets a yearly shave.

SaharaS

Visit site
Wow, I was expecting you to say 12 months!she's absolutely gorgeous & I dare say very good at attracting hugs!Does she mault constantly or just occasionally..or just 'save it all'?My rough collie used to love being under the connifers in Mums garden, he pretty much used to self groom by running thru them..well...the top layer always looked perfect anyway!:D

CAYLA

Visit site
No, she does not moult alot actually (her coat is like wool), it just clumps as immense under coat and has to be raked out (coat king) is my friend;) or the clippers.:p
When she was younger I allowed her to sleep on the lawn or on the compost heap:eek: but now I have to force her in.

SaharaS

Visit site
No, she does not moult alot actually (her coat is like wool), it just clumps as immense under coat and has to be raked out (coat king) is my friend;) or the clippers.:p
When she was younger I allowed her to sleep on the lawn or on the compost heap:eek: but now I have to force her in.

compost heap???hmmm very fragrant!:eek::eek::eek: I can smell muck heaps this eve..I think someone needs to have his paws washed & he wasn't meant to have been on it but the run off has drained across the field:eek: so grooming would be definite hobby of yours-very lucky with my boy in comparison:D

CAYLA

Visit site
Oh she is beautiful. I'm a bit in love ... and would also love to squish her!

Typically they are pretty aloof and are not keen on space invasion but she gives cuddles in her own very vocal manner:)
OH torments her and does the whole "give us a cuddle bubba, come on mwahhhhh" and she spins around desperate to get away and makes the funniest noises ever":D:D I just grab her and nuzzle her face:D again it's sends her int a frendzy:D

CAYLA

Visit site
compost heap???hmmm very fragrant!:eek::eek::eek: I can smell muck heaps this eve..I think someone needs to have his paws washed & he wasn't meant to have been on it but the run off has drained across the field:eek: so grooming would be definite hobby of yours-very lucky with my boy in comparison:D

Lol, yep it's a bad smell, she also swims like a hippo in the mankiest of ponds, rivers (the joys of owning fluffy beasties):rolleyes: why do we:confused::D

SaharaS

Visit site
Lol, yep it's a bad smell, she also swims like a hippo in the mankiest of ponds, rivers (the joys of owning fluffy beasties):rolleyes: why do we:confused::D

Because if we didn't have horses, dogs & all things furry...we would get very fed up of spending 100% of our time with men..though they can equally be as furry & stinky, they are at least able to do things for themselves..which I believe gains us points..because when we are looking after our 'helpless defenseless furry creatures, we aren't making them do horrible things like diy/hoovering/mending stuff (they have broken/put up badly)..this in turn means on our return from all this caring, we inevitably honk of muck heaps...so they run us a bath...they are hungry by this point so they begin to cook...perfectly timed hey!win win!hm...first tho for this to work..man needs to be lasood..ideally BEFORE man finds out about the furry 4 legged obsession?Makes beasts easy in comparrison!

CAYLA

Visit site
What's up with poor bubba?!

Well not sure...she came out of her kennel on sunday looking depressed and took herself off to the trees and sat with her head bowed:( her breathing was also a little harsh and she had a few coughs).
I did have a bout of KC a few weeks back (brought in by a boarder) but none of my other dogs showed symptoms, maybe her being older she did and being outdoors it hit her a little worse than usual.
So lots of tests (all clear) she is on meds and forced indoor rest has seen her back to normal:)

CAYLA

Visit site
She is beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful! And definitely does not look 12 years!

as mentioned above I also want to squish her! :D
Thankyou, I agree, she is beautiful:p everyone thinks she looks like an over grown fluffy pup, she is also going very strong for her age given her breed, although healthy as a breed they don't live to grand old ages due to their size.