Nursing Universities near stables

Annabel_knill

New User
Visit site
Hi all, I’m looking to starting my nursing degree but also want to keep up my riding and hopefully get a job on a yard. I was wondering if anyone knew of good universities that could help me achieve this?
Thanks

deicinmerlyn

Visit site
I honestly doubt very much whether any University is going to go out of their way to support you in that. It would be up to you to source a job and riding around your studies and placements ( which could be spread out miles away for blocks of up to 3 months)

Arzada

Visit site
Look at the sports societies of the universities that you are thinking of applying to. If they have a riding club contact that club direct and see what they offer in the way of riding. They may use a local stables who you could also contact about riding, jobs etc.

If you choose a university without a riding club you could look for a riding school in the area. Universities have a weekly 'sport afternoon' where you most likely won't have lectures etc. and you could use this afternoon to go to a riding school. This lecture free afternoon means that the sports teams can compete with other university teams home or away.

teapot

Visit site
If you're serious about it, do your research on where your placements will be and the hours involved before you do anything

There are University of London nursing and med students at my local hospital, some 60 odd miles from their university campus/halls... I know Surrey (Guilford) nursing students can be based anywhere from Andover to Brighton.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Glasgow Uni has a riding club, which I know nothing about, other than that it exists and they ride at one of the stables on the South Side. I also know nursing students, at Glasgow and at Caledonian, and their placements are usually at hospitals in or within sensible commuting distance of the city.