Nutrition Advice

Hanz

Visit site
OK what would you recommend for my horses over the winter? They all live out in the summer with no hard feed, just carrots and garlic for the flies. OK here goes:

<u>Phoenix</u>
She is a Welsh x Something Fine. 10 yrs 14.1. Puts the weight in like wildfire and over the winter will be ridden around 4x per week, two 20min schooling sessions, an indoor SJ and a long hack - around an hour and a half. Isnt a problem at home but gets strong and fizzy at comps.
She will be on hay.
<u>Scribbles</u>
He is a TB x Irish. 8yrs.15.1. Loses a bit of condition in winter. Will be worked every night with 20 min schooling sessions during the week and long hacks on the weekend, some XC and SJ about once every fortnight too, is VERY fizzy so need something cooling.
I had him on no Hard feed last year, just haylege - but now he is in more work just wondering if he will need somethng extra.
<u>Bee</u>
16.3 TB x ID mare 13yrs. Lots of energy, will be worked around 3-4x per week. 1 SJ, 1 hack and the rest schooling.
She will be on hay.

Alsoany advice on supplements etc appreciated
Thanks
H X

Hanz

Visit site
Oats? I have always been told to avoid them like the curse for Scribbles! Well I have nothing to lose so will give it a go. Thanks

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I would carry on as you are and only supplement with feed if any of them start to loose condition. Might be worth giving them all a general vit/min supplement through the winter, when the grazing isn't so good (could be fed mixed in some Hi-Fi). If the TBx needs some additional feed, I would probably go with a cool mix (my friend feeds her Tbx ride &amp; relax from allen &amp; page as he can get fizzy) &amp; either sugarbeet or Alfabeet