Nutty horses

baleofhay

Visit site
Who’s horse /pony is nuts atm ?
Mine is a complete idiot , afraid of everything and spooking like mad ( even at flowers )
Normally a bit more lively in spring but he’s ridiculous this year .
I’ve cut back his feed as much as possible but any other brilliant ideas welcome ?

Petmurf

Visit site
Mine has suddenly decided he’s scared of being groomed ? He’s fine out on hacks though thank goodnes.

No ideas to help I’m afraid, I’m just going with it until he’s over this phase

First Frost

Visit site
One of mine is happy to walk passed an enormous tractor or huge lorry but those pieces of cow parsley on the verge are deadly! I've owned him for 14 years and he has never come to terms with waving cow parsley at this time of year!

Antw23uk

Visit site
One of mine is happy to walk passed an enormous tractor or huge lorry but those pieces of cow parsley on the verge are deadly! I've owned him for 14 years and he has never come to terms with waving cow parsley at this time of year!

Has he tried eating them, he may well change his mind? Mine will dive face first into cow parsley and doesnt even come up for air until its all gone!

sasquatch

Visit site
I’m glad it’s not just mine.
She went from being her normal self to extra bucks and kicking out at jump standards for just being there in the arena. Not pain related, as she’ll happily trot past until she’s had a bit of a canter and got a bit excited and then it starts and she just won’t settle and walk either.
She’s also in season so not sure if that’s also related

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
See that white thing that they thought at first was a dead sheep. That's the YOs duvet which my little hoodlum stole off her washing line during last night and has been running round the field playing with it and wrecking it.

Attachments

• received_418451813074451.jpeg
    received_418451813074451.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 16

Petmurf

Visit site
See that white thing that they thought at first was a dead sheep. That's the YOs duvet which my little hoodlum stole off her washing line during last night and has been running round the field playing with it and wrecking it.

?????

baleofhay

Visit site
The spring grass is lush with potassium and it puts the potassium , magnesium and sodium balance all out of whack.
You should add two tablespoons of table salt per day for an average size horse, and some magnesium to the diet.
This should help.
I ran out of salt a couple of weeks ago and haven’t got around to getting more so that could be exa

Alibear

Visit site
Yep. Cut back feed, increased calming supplement and workload. She still switches between fine and bonkers for no reason many times each ride/work session and tries to commit suicide in the field, for which she has zero regrets. Regumate has been suggested, but since the geldings are acting just as loopy, I'm just trying to get through the next two weeks. Last year she settled down again around June, so I'm hoping for a repeat.