O god I bought a horse!

majors

Visit site
Hi feeling a bit shell shocked so thought I would write it down, we went along way bank holiday Monday about 300 miles horse was lovely but not for me, so on the way back I called at a repected dealer. Sat on a 5 year old Irish draught type and have bought him, I have been riding for 30 years but can be a bit wimpy, I loved him. I plan to have lots of lessons and take advice from those with experience of young horses!!!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Best breed of horse ever to look through a bridle. Good luck and may you have years of safe fun with your Irish horse.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Thank you I know it's right but my mind working overtime.x

Honestly, I bought mine on gut instinct. I was still in a full body brace after smashing my spine to pieces. Buying a rising 3yr old wasnt my smartest move. But I knew I was buying him and I knew it would work out. Hes now a rising 6yr old and is turning into the horse of a lifetime. I have thrown a fair bit of money at it and its taken until now for us to get it together. I shouldnt have done it, but nothing would have stopped me because I KNEW it was the right thing to do. Its been rocky in places but even at the worst moments I still knew it was the right thing to do!

Very extreme circumstances to be fair, but it has all turned out like I hoped :) Most people keep horses predominantly as pets, so you need one that gives you THAT feeling. Anything else can be worked out as you go along :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
So long as its feasibly manageable for you, then always pick the horse who makes your heart sing just looking at its head over the door. That way you will do whatever you need to do to make it work out :)

majors

Visit site
Thank you all, the people I am buying him from took him cantering and a couple of x country jumps this morning he looks so chilled. I will get all the help I need, and a have a lovely young girl who will ride him too.

atropa

Visit site
Congratulations and enjoy! I spent years and years thinking over buying my first horse, hours budgeting and rebudgeting to make sure I could afford her...it didn't stop me waking up in a complete panic 3 days after I got her home, convinced I'd made a terrible mistake (I hadn't!)