obsessed buyers!

SJ_06

Visit site
has anyone thats sold a horse had an obsessed buyer? we had someone try our horse and they wanted to know the ins and outs of a ducks ar** litrally! first they tried him (and liked) then wanted him hacked out -fair enough, then to be walked thru a field,
confused.gif
then loaded, the list goes on, they liked him, and when he was vetted a sligght bit of stiffness showed up in one of his legs (HE IS 10!) so they were like omg now we need him x rayed so he was done then last night they wouldnt stop ringing the vet ON EMERGANCY NUMBER let alone us trying to find the results when the vet said clearly HE would ring them late in the eve. arghhhh how annoying. sorry just needed to rant

spaniel

Visit site
Apart from pestering the vet they sound like very sensible buyers to me and definitely not obsessive.

Im driving a long way tomorrow to view a horse and I too will be wanting to know the ins and outs of the proverbial ducks arse.....its in the horses interests when you get him home to know what he does and doesnt like/want or need.

SJ_06

Visit site
no its the continuose(sp?) calling all the time, which is why were getting annoyed. its like do you want it or not, even the vet got very annoyed.

parsley

Visit site
yep - I would be doing the same thing - a horse is a huge responsibility and I made sure I was buying the right one. second time around.

Peanot

Visit site
I have to agree with the others too. I have seen too many people buy horses which had little niggles which they couldn`t handle, like loading which is a big thing and hacking through fields etc. The list goes on. If it is a big competition horse then a few little niggles aren`t frowned upon unlike for an average or novice rider, it would probably worry them.
People have to know what they are going to be dealing with before they buy as once home, they have no choice. At least you know that they are thorough and that they are going to be pretty good sensible people for your horse.

Iestyn

Visit site
Do you want to sell the horse or not? Are they good people that will give your horse a good home? They sound like it and they sound like they have done all the right things. Might be a bit out of order that calling the vet out of hours but if he had promised to call them...