Odd request - would like to find some old info on hoof trimming

Casey76

Visit site
Google isn’t helping as I don’t know how to word the search, bescially because I’m trying to recall something I read once 10 years or so ago!

Maybe you can he;p (especially if you are a ‘barefooter’ from that era)

OK, here goes:

There was an animated/video demonstration of the effect of backing/rockering the heels without taking them down using a paintbrush, which was showing how, by unloading the heel tubules, they would grow straight down, rather than being dragged forward - if the heels were under run.

I think it also showed how under run heels were not necessarily ‘no heels” and could even be long heels depending on how under run etc.

Does anyone else remember this?

I had wondered if it was some of Maureen Tierneys original work (Which is obviously now all gone/archived) or some other barefoot trendsetter

The thing is, because it was a gif or video, I don’t think it would have any tags to help with the search.

Can anyone help?

TIA :)

paddy555

Visit site
as far as I remember it was Pete Ramey talking about rockering the heels. This was discussed I seem to remember at his seminar in 2005 so may be about the right time. If you google "Pete Ramey rockering heels" then some items do come up. I think he called it a "heel bevel" but it was backwards towards the heel if that makes sense (not a bevel on the wall outwards)

Casey76

Visit site
Marcia Sadler? She has a few videos on youtube from 6 years ago, with a couple that might be what you're describing
https://www.youtube.com/user/santocinhos/videos

I haven't heard of her, it's just what came up when I tried a search using the terms you used :)

Thank you, but that isn’t what I’m looking for, the video which I saw was embedded into a web page which was describing a trimming method.

Casey76

Visit site
as far as I remember it was Pete Ramey talking about rockering the heels. This was discussed I seem to remember at his seminar in 2005 so may be about the right time. If you google "Pete Ramey rockering heels" then some items do come up. I think he called it a "heel bevel" but it was backwards towards the heel if that makes sense (not a bevel on the wall outwards)

Hi Paddy, I’m very familiar with Pete’s work, and I generally trim to his guidelines ;). This video was definitely on another page. It will be really quite old, from about 2008 or even before. I remember the webpage being quite amateurish, black text on a pale grey background, with hyperlinks in blue.

Of course it’s entirely possible the page is defunct now as it was from so long ago...

paddy555

Visit site

that was going to be my next suggestion that there may be a reference to it. I don't think however that Majorie had any videos on her site. Another one to look at (which may trigger your memory) would be ironfree hoof. (paige Poss's site) Just a thought. Would be interested if you find it.

I don't remember the paintbrush reference. KC made a video (before any DVD's) in around 2000. It had a section on how heels grow forward and are in fact long not low heels.
Now you've got me curious!

Casey76

Visit site
Thanks all for your sleuthing!

I’m now strongly suspecting it was on Maureen Tierney’s web page, which is now a dead address (no pun or disrespect intended!)