Odd wound... Any ideas

kirstie

Visit site
My horse came in last week very muddy legs, and to my shame I only hosed her legs off to the bottom of her joints and didn't go higher. I was running a little short of time and didn't brush the rest of her legs off. :mad:

Anyway, the next day after another day in the field, I was grooming, I realised that she has a wouund right on the front of her hock, on the soft fluidy bit. There was a scab on it, and from what I could see it had started to heal and looked like she had just knocked the top layer of skin off and had not even broken the skin.

I left it and the next day, the scab was hanging off a bit, terrible picker that I am, picked it off. It revealed what I thought- it looked as though she had just knocked top layer of skin off, slightly pink, nothing to worry about, so I left it.

I looked at it yesterday when grooming and it looks really odd. There is a patch about the size of a 10p with no hair on, it is a lump, hairless, with a tiny pinprick hole in the middle. I had a good feel and a squeeze, nothing came out of the hole. She is not bothered by it at all, and she is a drama queen. No heat or swelling, no lameness. :confused:

I am a bit concerned though, as I have never seen anything like this before. I did try to take photos but could not get a clear picture.

Any ideas of what it could be are welcome...