Off to pick up the hunky little man

seabiscuit

Visit site
Just off to pick up Mr.F from Liphook..he has not had any colic since he arrived at the hospital on monday morning. They have run every test under the sun and found absolutely nothing wrong with him which is good news but I will still be living on tenterhooks as we are still no closer as to what caused his week of colic attacks.

All they found was a slightly displaced colon, (which is back in place now), and mild inflammation of the gut lining(which has now gone), which are apparently normal things that happen in horses anyway, colic or no colic.

So we will see how it goes! Vet says F eats like a pig and that I must not let him put on too much weight?! I am not sure if he is talking about my horse cos anyone who has seen him says he looks like a scrawny little donkey!!Lol.
smile.gif
Well that is good news that he is eating so well anyway, I know that he was starved a lot this week so I hope he doesnt look too awful when I pick him up!

_jetset_

Visit site
I am so pleased that he is coming home and that he is ok... maybe it was just one of those things that will never happen again!

Poor baby, I bet he has been poked and prodded and had lots of hands up his bum... he'll be so happy to be home!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Hi SB!
Great news that you are bringing Forrest home- a shame that they can't find anything though - I know how frustrating this is for you
frown.gif

Kate x

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thank you people! Liphook had looked after him beautifully. He had been given a bath and was all spotless and clean!

He has lost a lot of weight and looks pretty skelatal but is well in himself.

Caritas

Visit site
Im really pleased that all is starting to look up for you, lets hope he continues in this vein. Hows Owen and what you doing with him now, how longs he been back in work? xx

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thank you K ! Owens been back in work a week now, just walking out under saddle every other day, and lunging all paces x2 a week. He is looking great on lunge but bit of a hard work to get him out walking! But methinks his saddle needs widening now,he has put on so much muscle!

And how is yours going-?!

Caritas

Visit site
He is fab thanks, you wouldnt ever know he has had such a serious op, honest. I do hope both of ypurs are truely on the mend now xx