Offchurch - RC champs. What happened with XC problem?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Watched quite a few of the intermediates going wrong route in the first water - they seemed to do A, then go the wrong side of the flag for B! Thus getting eliminated.

Where the flags moved from when walking the course or something? I saw at least 4 or 5 horses get eliminated there which was a real shame and obviously not fair (in a way) for those who had travelled hours and hours to then get elim for something like that. Surely there were complaints?

SpruceRI

Visit site
I think quite a few people jumped up the bank out of the water when they should've just paddled out on the left.

There was a car going through the river when I got to fence 6 (the water)! Thought, "where on earth is the fence judge, shouldn't they be furiously blowing their whistle by now??? "

RachelB

Visit site
I thought you were going to finish that with, "but it WAS the fence judge!!!"
crazy.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Oh I SAW THAT madhossy! It was the damn vet! We watched him rev up but then heard the whistle and thought oh he'll wait. No he didnt! We were all sitting there thinking oh crap there's gonna be some complaint about this! You yelled out at him to stop didnt you?!

A few horses after you, those stupid kids playing in the river - they kindly decided to RUN across the housey fence (after the water) whilst a horse was approaching!! The rider was screaming at them to get out of the way and stay still! Poor horse. It was crazy. We couldnt believe all that was allowed to happen at the championships! Luckily I was doing the open so didnt have any problems (with cars and kids etc.) during my round the day before!

SpruceRI

Visit site
You're right, I did scream my head off "Stop the b****y car!" Couldn't believe my eyes!!. Thought my Pone was really good to jump in when there were waves lapping against the bank!

Later on in the day I saw a family paddling past the steeplechase (in the river of course!!) in a rubber dingy! Surely the estate can stop people stomping all over the place when a competitions' going on? They'd be the first to sue us if our horse ran them over.

Did the horse you mentioned above get over the housey jump ok?

Good on you for doing the Open, though you're mad!! It was blimmin huge!! How did you do?