Offering outline

That_midgit_equestrian

Visit site
you can only have one account registered per email.
Also, FWIW, don't take this the wrong way, but swearing doesn't actually make you seen older. No one has an issue with young users on here, and people are more than willing to help you, but two-facedness (literally and metaphorically) isn't really appreciated if/when you don't get the answers you want first time round.
I don’t particularly consider bloody a swear word, where I live it’s used on a daily basis as a normal word, I’m not trying to appear older than I am in just me

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
I have a big IDx with a short neck big shoulders etc. He has bone spavin in both hocks as well as a slightly twisted off fore. He's flat footed too. Before he was diagnosed and the right treatment found (for the hocks, we sorted out the feet via a remedial farrier recommended by the vets) there were lots of symptoms. He would grab the bit and lean. He would open his mouth, go hollow and set himself against the rider at every opportunity. He was plagued with sore backs despite physio and saddle checks. He couldn't canter easily with a rider. His neck would get very stiff for no apparent reason (to the point the vet was convinced he had neck arthritis). I tried different bridles/bits/saddles/girths/saddle pads. Nothing worked until he was diagnosed and they found a treatment which helped (took a good few years). Now he is developing a lovely topline and starting to work over the back. He is carrying himself, cantering beautifully and seldom opens his mouth or leans unless you let him or he gets anxious. I have worked with him patiently and carefully. Lots of in hand work over poles, the reversing for several steps (as recommended above), lateral work in hand, hacking up and down hills... I NEVER lunge however as being on a 20m circle just isn't good on his joints. He is loose schooled only, once a week in an equicore to help develop his bum/abdominals. He has changed from a rather withdrawn anxious horse to a bright eyed cheeky boy who greets me with enthusiasm and appears to enjoy his work. I used to have to drag him into the school (he literally used to plant) - now he drags me into the school snorting and prancing! He is 13... Just to add, he is only ridden under saddle in the school twice a week - he is hacked or loose schooled on the other days.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Nope I was bloody done with horse and hound till this popped up in my emails I don’t know who they are I’ve tried to make a new account before and it wouldn’t let me

So it's a huge coincidence that your avatar is a hafflinger and the name of the user - who is posted exactly as if she was you answering something someone had written, but had forgotten to change back to the other account - is also hafflinger.

That_midgit_equestrian

Visit site
you can only have one account registered per email.
Also, FWIW, don't take this the wrong way, but swearing doesn't actually make you seen older. No one has an issue with young users on here, and people are more than willing to help you, but two-facedness (literally and metaphorically) isn't really appreciated if/when you don't get the answers you want first time round.
Rightly or wrongly I don’t see bloody as a swear word where I’m from it’s used quite frequently and it’s something that’s normal for people my age and younger to say, I apologise for coming across as 2 faced and snappy as that was not my intentions.

That_midgit_equestrian

Visit site
So it's a huge coincidence that your avatar is a hafflinger and the name of the user - who is posted exactly as if she was you answering something someone had written, but had forgotten to change back to the other account - is also hafflinger.
The amount of Times ive tried to make a new account and it won’t let me is uncountable

That_midgit_equestrian

Visit site
Not wanting to carry this on but I also do not have said haflinger any more I have a sports horse

[153312]

Visit site
Leave the kid be. Does it really matter if they have multiple accounts or not, or use 'bloody'?
I wasn't criticising them. But it makes it easier for people to help them if everyone is on the same page.
Having multiple accounts is against forum T&Cs though iirc

[153312]

Visit site
if that was directed at me, TPO, my other account is banned, as you well know, and I've never hidden who I am.

"
3.2Users are strongly discouraged from registering multiple usernames, acceptance of which is discretionary. In any event, anyone who registers a second usename and then uses it inappropriately may be named on the open forum and/or have their account(s) blocked."

Don't be snide. If I annoy you that much, put me on UI.

Last edited:

TPO

Visit site
if that was directed at me, TPO, my other account is banned, as you well know, and I've never hidden who I am.

"
3.2Users are strongly discouraged from registering multiple usernames, acceptance of which is discretionary. In any event, anyone who registers a second usename and then uses it inappropriately may be named on the open forum and/or have their account(s) blocked."

Don't be snide. If I annoy you that much, put me on UI.

Chinchilla was banned but not the other concurrent one. Stop having a go at a child, most people know this user is a child, as did you when you replied. So what, a kid gets a hard time and tries to make an ally for themselves. They don't need the rule book thrown at them

That_midgit_equestrian

Visit site
I appreciate all youse support and yes it is me I never intended to cause any harm by thag account I was trying to respond to something on here with this account but it responded with my other account the reaons I created the new one is because of previous issues I’ve had on here thought might as well start a fresh I didn’t intended to upset anyone or break the rules. The issue at hand of this thread has been fixed and she’s been working lovely lately ‘unglueing’ her if you want to come at me feel free just know I intended no harm

That_midgit_equestrian

Visit site
Hi everyone I just wanted to let you all know that I no longer have the horse in question I have recently bought a lovely cob after a few incidents with the sports horse she did end up working lovelt in the arena but there was other issues that ruined my confidence.

Lois Lame

Visit site
No worries, midget equestrian. We were all kids once, and if the internet had been around when I was your age, I would have got myself into all sorts of scrapes.

Just one thing I wanted to point out, don't 'swing your hips with the horse' if by this you mean digging your bum into the saddle. Maybe that wasn't what you meant but I just wanted to make sure. There was a time when I thought this was a good thing to do, but it's not. It's unpleasant for a horse.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
No worries, midget equestrian. We were all kids once, and if the internet had been around when I was your age, I would have got myself into all sorts of scrapes.

Just one thing I wanted to point out, don't 'swing your hips with the horse' if by this you mean digging your bum into the saddle. Maybe that wasn't what you meant but I just wanted to make sure. There was a time when I thought this was a good thing to do, but it's not. It's unpleasant for a horse.

Yep, so often we think we're being kind and "following" with our seat, with a forward or lateral swing. The best advice I was given on this was, in walk, to allow the horse to pick up, and put down, each seat bone in turn. Each side of the pelvis literally only moves, a very small amount, up and down. This will help the horse keep his back up, the "bridge" that carries the rider, any active movement with each stride and he's likely to drop his back down and be using all the wrong muscles to carry the rider and even to move forwards, getting more crooked, and putting more wear and tear on the joints.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Hi everyone I just wanted to let you all know that I no longer have the horse in question I have recently bought a lovely cob after a few incidents with the sports horse she did end up working lovelt in the arena but there was other issues that ruined my confidence.

That sounds like a very wise move. I hope you have a lot of fun with your new cob.

Muddywellies

Visit site
Best place to start is by forgetting 'outline' completely.
It's 'engagement' you're aiming for, and this cannot be explained or learned from a forum. Lessons, lessons, lessons are the best way forward. Or if not possible, watching lots of videos online by reputable trainers. But really, it's a decent instructor that will be able to help with this.

Edited. Forget all of the above- I didn't see previous post.

Wishfilly

Visit site
He looks very sweet. A horse you can take out and just have fun with is honestly worth their weight in gold. Confidence is a fragile thing and can be very hard to get back if you lose it, especially as a teenager, I think!

I hope you and your cob continue to have lots of fun together!

That_midgit_equestrian

Visit site
He looks very sweet. A horse you can take out and just have fun with is honestly worth their weight in gold. Confidence is a fragile thing and can be very hard to get back if you lose it, especially as a teenager, I think!

I hope you and your cob continue to have lots of fun together!
He is just the sweetest and that’s exactly why I got him someone said to me a while back the same person who convinced me to move on from the original loan not the Irish sports horse she said you want something to have fun with don’t you ‘insert horses name’ is not a fun pony really made me think. With my confidence my previous loan a 22 year old built up all my confidence he was such a sweet heart to me even if he wasn’t the easiest as he was the stubbornest thing ever but once he trusted you he’d do anything for you but the next loan crushed it all I was a nervous wreck when I tried Murphy but I knew hr was right and we bought him he’s brought my confidence back up so much !

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Handsome boy! Wishing you and Murphy many years of happiness and trusting each other. You look really smart and Murphy’s mane and feathers are fabulous ?

Northern Hare

Visit site
That's a lovely photo, Murphy looks like a super pony for you, and really pleased to hear you're having such fun with him - and Murphy's turnout is great as well! ?