OH actually ASKED to get on a horse!!!!!!!!!

Enfys

Visit site
Love him! (Look at his expression!)
RobinCooper10dec06010-1.jpg
Dear Robin just stood there with one of those "if I must" expressions on her face. He was riding around the garden quite happily 5 minutes after this though. No pointing out that the stirrups are too short (took them away from him), that he has trainers on and no hat please.
Hubby then announced that he thinks he'd feel safer in a western saddle, so I'm off shopping tomorrow
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Enfys

Visit site
I already have 4 horses, and only my daughter and I ride, he's not having this one, but he can have feather brained Flossie for a while, then, when he's more confident................
smile.gif
smile.gif

rach1984horse

Visit site
Well Done him.

I sold my rather weird austrailian/western to a guy that wanted it for his cob cause he felt safer. A lot of blokes seem to prefer them. It's maybe a western type thing...

dwi

Visit site
Without hijacking your post, my OH also rode for the first time ever today but had to go without stirrups as his size 10 boots wouldn't fit in my stirrups.

Did you have this problem? Your OHs feet look a tight fit as well even in trainers

Enfys

Visit site
No HH, I think you are right, he's definately a sit back and enjoy a quiet hack sort of chap,none of this heels down, toes up stuff. Western tack, and a slightly larger horse coming right up! This little mare is only 15.1, and he's 6'2"

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
yay!! thats how mine started off!! he has bought he horse, just needs to learn to ride now lol!!

It started off when he got friendly with my boy!!

TomTitch29-04-061.jpg

Then he went shopping and bought freddie (Marsden)
(excuse crappy stables!! ours are being made!)
(I love this pic lol!!)
marsy.jpg

Tia

Visit site
Oh I knew he would, LOL!! My husband only rides western too - mind you I ride western the majority of the time nowadays too. My husband says he feels much safer and stable in a western saddle.

Actually he was just saying yesterday that he wants to ride much more in 2007 - he really does enjoy riding and it's a great way to go visiting the neighbours over here.
cool.gif

Gwenneh

www.insanedressagegirl.com
[ QUOTE ]
meant to say for chaps try this site!!

My man has solid legs and these were fab company!!

www.justchaps.co.uk

some brill stuff there!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like their XXL is the same as Ariat's, possibly a little smaller at 44cm...those don't fit my hubby's legs.

Although I think *I* may get myself a new pair from there!!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Beware - one minute having a sit on a friend's cob and the next minute you end up with a big one eyed clydesdale and a huge western saddle.

Nearly every bloke I know who has tried riding Cairo in his western saddle has gone out and got one for their horse - I love riding in the western - so much more secure when you are leading baby cob off the old horse and he decides to stop for a wee and big horse doesn't.

Enfys

Visit site
It's lovely to hear (and see) that there ARE men out there who are riding as well. OH just wants to plod, he made me laugh so much complaining that "every part of it (the horse) moves in different directions at the same time......HOW do you just sit there?!"

He likes the look of the Belgian drafts (I think) lovely blonde horses, loads of them here and he also likes the idea of working it in harness too, we have acres of woodland to clear.

harvgj19

Visit site
My OH has been bitten by the horse bug over here too! He also prefers the western saddle. He always had the "I'm only doing this for you" look on his face when he rode english style with me back at home.

Put him on my uncle's QH in a western saddle and he was off galloping around the field! I couldn't get him back!!

DSCF0559.jpg