Oh dear oh dear!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Owen has definately got a effing virus again....recognise all the signs;-(2 years ago Owen had a whole year off with virus/herpes/immunity/infection problems)

1) snotty nose
2)increasing weight loss
3)not interested in hay and water
4) lethargy over last few days
5)all over muscle and body sorness (I KNEW he was looking tight on the lunge on those videos I did!)

Duh, why did I not twig it sooner...it has been happening over a few weeks now getting worse.Thought he had dropped off even more weight this morning.

I dont know what you must be thinking I am wondering myself if I am an ultra hypo-hypochondriac with these horses?!!Please do feel free to say so am begining to wonder if I am imagining stuff nowdays and jumping the gun.

I totally despair!

No sympathy posts needed, just a slap to tell me he is fine and am overreacting and that these things have had happened for other randomly unconnected reasons
crazy.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!
You really don't deserve all this..
do you need the vet out or anything? (don't know if you got one out last time)
sending get well vibes!

Tia

Visit site
No slaps coming from this side of the Pond; especially not if he is displaying all these symptoms
frown.gif
. He sounds like a not very well lad, poor guy.

Really hope it is something and nothing as you could do with some good luck for a change. Fingers crossed for you both.

Lord_Horatio_Nelson

Visit site
Not sure about the video because its not always easy to see with the internet connection but that picture you took of him, he looked so well.
Fingers crossed that it's nothing.

Do you think he might be missing his buddy?
frown.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thanks Tia, Just hoping that it will be something that a few weeks of Red Cell can sort out! But I guess I am looking at a good few weeks off then a months gradual fittening up program all over again. Cant bear another 3 weeks walking!
frown.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thats the absolute evil about viruses; they completely fool you into thinking that a horse is OK when it is not. When Owen went down with a serious bout of Herpes 2 years ago he had a fantastic coat so everyone was thinking, if his coat's so good, he cant be ill! But it was not so.

His back end looked postively skinny this morning then when I lunged I had to egg him on the whole time
frown.gif
Poor lad I do feel guilty.

But maybe he is mourning Forrest as well and is just starting to realise that he is not coming back
frown.gif
although horses are highly spiritual creatrures he must know what has happened

GTs

Visit site
Oh dear - what rotten luck! I hope it is as easy as missing Forrest however I would be suprrised if that is the reason. Horses leave friends and make new ones all the time, I do not think emotionally as long term or deep as people.

I think you should through caution to the wind, and if does not work call it a lesson in life - you know what I mean!
wink.gif

S_N

Visit site
Oh hunny hugs!! You so don't need this atm!! Poor lad, huggle from me to him too!! It could partly be that he is missing his buddy and that feeling down has allowed something to take a hold. Red Cell is awesome stuff, I so hope is does the trick for him! All my digits are crossed!!