Oh good god! My boy does WATER!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Amazingly my 5yo merrily popped into the water the other day at a XC practice! All on his own, no lead or anything! This is now the 2nd time in a row he's gone in (and at different places). I was rather shocked as this was the boy who point blank refused to even go NEAR the water at a tiny competition last year and we have in the past spent a good 2 hours trying to get him in......

Wooo hoooo, we'll make a XC horse out of him yet! Just you wait!

Vindaloo

Visit site
Well done you! Wish me luck with mine. We're off to our first x country training sesh this Sunday and I am praying he'll do the same.

I have a horrid feeling i'm going to get wet!

Mines 5 too and has been jumping all sorts at home, am wondering how he'll be somewhere new. Oh for a nice school master......

x

dixie

Visit site
Good news, well done.

Took 20 mins to get my horse into water first time & I had to lead him in eventually. Did seem to go in first time next time we practiced but not having the same luck with ditches ! Perhaps I need to wait another year - he is 6 though and has Irish blood!

Rambo

Visit site
Just so long as he doesn't try it in the SJ'ing ring eh
tongue.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
He he, mine doesnt actually mind ditches at all! He pops everything in front of him, only wary of water and is finding drops (even tiny ones) rather worrying to come off - he doesnt know where to put his legs!

Yeah - it is nice to have a schoolmaster! Luckily my other boy is my "schoolmaster" so I can go on him for a proper wizz about. Its nice to have both as you learn to appreciate them more!