Oh great, the mud is back!!

AprilBlossom

Visit site
Bundled up to the max to feed this morning, expecting a chilly walk across a hard field and some ice removal from water troughs but NO, the thick clay mud had thawed out and is back in fully force.

effort of wading through mud + sixteen extra layers = AprilBlossom almost on fire!

I genuinely think I'd prefer it freezing!!:eek:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
So glad I didn't have to smash ice this morning- and lovely not to have fingers stuck to door bolts :rolleyes: (left gloves in feed room yesterday - misplaced them in the dark)
No proper mud here, but slippy top 2mm on the frozen ground from yesterday :( hope the fuzzies take it carefully today while I'm at work!

becca1305

Visit site
Put brand new shiny red rug on one monster this morning. Would have definitely prefered frozen ground as the bratling has already thoroughly 'camouflaged' it :( *grumps*. I knew it was going to happen but a day clean would have been nice

Not got any proper mud here just a horrid slippy top layer which the idiots have been galloping round on whilst I fidget hopping from foot to foot as my stomach squirms at the sliding halts calling out useless cries of 'woahhhhh!' & 'steaddddy' as it makes me feel a bit better doing something! :( eurgh winter & horses, why do we have them again ? :p :).

bumblelion

Visit site
Not got any proper mud here just a horrid slippy top layer which the idiots have been galloping round on whilst I fidget hopping from foot to foot as my stomach squirms at the sliding halts calling out useless cries of 'woahhhhh!' & 'steaddddy' as it makes me feel a bit better doing something! :( eurgh winter & horses, why do we have them again ? :p :).

Exactly what I was doing this morning!

Ladylina83

Visit site
I thought the same although for weeks the track to our field has been knee deep so at least when the freeze first came over the weekend the farmer put some tracks in it with his tractor which makes life a little easier ! - holding on to a yearling doing an impression of a kite and trying to keep your wellies on is no easy task !!

I would rather it be cold too - although it has been hurtig my mares feet so I am glad in a way

Archangel

Visit site
Not only is mud back in the fields it is in my house in the form of a trail of muddy paw prints through the kitchen, up the stairs and onto my bed :eek:

Also I overshot the house with the car :eek: it has been nice and crunchy frozen and grippy. His morning frozen with water on top :eek: slide slide crunch oops :cool:

fatpiggy

Visit site
At least my old girl was able to go out today. She hates the mud as its hard work on old arthritic legs but frozen 8 inch deep holes are leg-breakers and there was no way I could risk trying to get her over the top, plus the ruts hurt her sensitive soles and make it more likely she will stumble. She was fed up and lonely after two days being stuck in.

Brandy

Visit site
I also prefer the cold and frost, its horrid here, everything has thawed, idiot welsh was charging about his paddock like a loon this morning (I was also doing the 'whoooahh!!! and Steadyyyy!!!' cries at him, along with 'you bloody idiot just stand and eat your hay will you!!')

AprilBlossom

Visit site
Ours aren't likely to slip in the thickest of clay mud we've got here, more likely to get a leg stuck which is scarier!

Luckily they've been out 24/7 so no silliness at being out as its not a novelty!

Tzarinaarabians

Visit site
Bundled up to the max to feed this morning, expecting a chilly walk across a hard field and some ice removal from water troughs but NO, the thick clay mud had thawed out and is back in fully force.

effort of wading through mud + sixteen extra layers = AprilBlossom almost on fire!

I genuinely think I'd prefer it freezing!!:eek:
My thoughts exactly, its just terribly damp here, and I went out bundled up to the nines. Another one for cold crisp mornings over utterly wet and damp ones