OH is becoming.....

KrashnBurn

Visit site
a horsey convert!!!

Yes people, after a few big hints from him I managed to arrange for him to have his first ride yesterday!! And he really likes it. Result!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

He is a big(ish) chap and so can't get on board my little chap. But a friend on my yard offered us her lovely big Shire x who was superb.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Just wanted to share a bit of good news with you all, 'cos I am real chuffed about it.
smile.gif

KrashnBurn

Visit site
Ooooh yes, I am sure 2 horses could be accommodated!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

He loves animals but was quite nervous of my boy as he is quite a character and a bit boysterous! But he loves him to bits now!

Woohoo!!
laugh.gif

matthew

Visit site
I made my o/h try on my jods- much to his distain! the horrible thing is though - they were baggy on him-boo hoo!
He refuses to buy wellies or boots but complains that his expensive trainers (and sporty car) get muddy when he comes to events with me!
I will get him on a horse one day- he is quite nervous though!

pottamus

Visit site
My OH just sees my horse as a big expensive pet...he has sat on him once but has no interest what so ever in taking it further. He does not want to learn to ride, because he says if he got a horse he could not be bothered with the time it takes mucking out etc! This is actually fine by me because my horse is MY time and freedom to do as I please...I like the space it gives me and time on my own with my horse. It helps though that my OH is totally supportive of my equine friend though!

claire1976

Visit site
My OH couldn't give 2 monkeys about horses, he's into cars and see's absolutely no benefit to keeping/riding horses. He lets me get on with it but its often the subject of many a debate about money (or lack of it)!!

MARTIN2

New User
Visit site
I'm the OH of Sarah2 on here, she has hinted about getting me on a horse but fortunately i'm to heavy for her 2 (not that im THAT heavy!) and besides those big horses are a long way up! Why the hell do I want to sit all the way up there just to fall off? I'm happy just watching thanks.
But I do seem to have adopted one of hers though, she refers to her Bonnie as mine when saying 'Your horse needs mucking out' and 'Your horse is filthy and needs grooming' How's that saying go on the T-shirts Unpaid Groom!!

Chumsmum

Visit site
Well done on the conversion! My OH has talked about lessons so I am going to book him soon!
My 'masterplan' is that he will become quite interested and competitive as usual, then he insists on having the 'best' horse and then he will lose interest and then I have gained a new neddy for free! That's the theory anyway..
smirk.gif

He is sort of interested in them but frequently has that glazed look when I start talking horses..

hellyt1

Visit site
well done, my hubby occasionaly has a go and he enjoys it but not enough to come regularly so he never really gets very far! would love to get to the point where we can hack out together but i think it will be a while yet
grin.gif

so03

Visit site
Hi Beck, yes he's mine. I make sure he pulls his weight with HIS Bonnie.

I was very nice to him, I bought him some boots and gloves for the winter so no excuse. I must admit he is very good. Although the look on Bonnie's face when she see's him coming with the headcollar, holding it all twisted, you can see her saying

"Oh no he's here today, i'll have to be really patient and wait ages for him to work out which way up the headcollar goes"

She stands there so patient waiting, love her.

I don't let him loose with Murphy, it's a recipe for disaster.
grin.gif

MARTIN2

New User
Visit site
Is it my fault headcollars dont come with instructions! But she is a good girl, they say animals take after their owners, Maybe that explains Murphys behaviour!!!!