Oh my!! Fabulous 3 year old gelding>>>>>

Queenbee

Visit site
It is attractive enough but does not have the confo to be that price.

lol, but I would not want to show it AA ;)

might have the ability though?

Absolutely!

Moreover, there are some horses that you just see and they appeal to you, I just saw this and though I WANT! I have seen far higher price tags for far less of a horse in terms of confo, but I really like it... the one photo (the second) doesn't do it justice, it makes its backside look tiny, but the others... I do like it... :p

Sheep

Visit site
Moreover, there are some horses that you just see and they appeal to you, I just saw this and though I WANT! I have seen far higher price tags for far less of a horse in terms of confo, but I really like it... the one photo (the second) doesn't do it justice, it makes its backside look tiny, but the others... I do like it... :p

This! I saw a little cob mare advertised earlier, and something just made me want her... she looked so sweet and the advert said, if you are looking for a best friend, this is the lady for you! Wish I had more £££ (and time)!

Queenbee

Visit site
This! I saw a little cob mare advertised earlier, and something just made me want her... she looked so sweet and the advert said, if you are looking for a best friend, this is the lady for you! Wish I had more £££ (and time)!

It's odd isn't it? I would never conceive of paying 8k for a horse, but I just had the feeling that if I was looking and this ad came up... well I would not think twice about going to see it.

I suppose its that age old saying - it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Sheep

Visit site
It's odd isn't it? I would never conceive of paying 8k for a horse, but I just had the feeling that if I was looking and this ad came up... well I would not think twice about going to see it.

I suppose its that age old saying - it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

That's true. Sometimes you just get a feeling!

maximoo

Visit site
At the end of the day people all have their own preferences to what a horse is worth I think the price is a bit high for part bred 3 year warmblood seen better for the same money & better breeding

Kylara

Visit site
Confo wise: It's very upright in the shoulder. Could struggle jumping bigger tracks succesfully. Hocks are straighter than preferable and has quite a low tail set (but tail set is me being picky) and angle of the pasterns don't match the shoulder either.

Nice buckskin colouring though, but I agree overpriced.

Last edited:

matt_m

Visit site
Perfection in terms of conformation is a very hard thing to get in any horse, I have seen far worse and would say this has fair conformation and at 3 is going to change quite considerably yet. Carl Hester's Nip Tuck hardly has perfect conformation.

Queenbee

Visit site
Confo wise: It's very upright in the shoulder. Could struggle jumping bigger tracks succesfully. Hocks are straighter than preferable and has quite a low tail set (but tail set is me being picky) and angle of the pasterns don't match the shoulder either.

Nice buckskin colouring though, but I agree overpriced.

TBH I didn't even consider the colour until you said that, I would not say its 'very' upright' in the shoulder but perhaps just a tad, however I completely agree with matt_m, perfection is a holy grail and then there is equally no guarantee of ability. I remember a poster on here posting a picture of a horse - it looked like five miss matched horses had been photoshopped - truly hideous, but the jump and the long term jumping career the horse had and sustained - awesome!

Perfection in terms of conformation is a very hard thing to get in any horse, I have seen far worse and would say this has fair conformation and at 3 is going to change quite considerably yet. Carl Hester's Nip Tuck hardly has perfect conformation.

And also, agree, yes at 3 the horse will change, especially with warmbood in it... so many of this type keep chopping and changing and positively look like ugly ducklings up until they reach full age (7)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think he has one of my top conformation dislikes, and is back at the knee on the left fore? You can just see it in the first two photos, but it's striking in the jumping ones. How long will he last stressing his knee and tendons like that on landing?

TGM

Visit site
Yes you can find well-performing horses with lots of conformation faults and mediocre breeding, but those horses are only worth decent money when they have proved themselves under saddle. When assessing an unbroken and unproven youngster, the better the breeding and the better the conformation and paces the more likely the horse will command a higher price.

Has Denby got any performance record, I can't find one with a quick google? And nothing is mentioned about the dam, which makes you think she may be nothing to write home about. So yes I do agree that seems a lot of money for what seems a fairly average partbred youngster.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Yes you can find well-performing horses with lots of conformation faults and mediocre breeding, but those horses are only worth decent money when they have proved themselves under saddle. When assessing an unbroken and unproven youngster, the better the breeding and the better the conformation and paces the more likely the horse will command a higher price.

Has Denby got any performance record, I can't find one with a quick google? And nothing is mentioned about the dam, which makes you think she may be nothing to write home about. So yes I do agree that seems a lot of money for what seems a fairly average partbred youngster.

Also looked up the sire and found nothing of note, other than he's palomino and only turned 7 this year.

Queenbee

Visit site
and insurance... a 3 year old jumping like that will be doing its undeveloped joints/tendons no good.

quite agree... I mean I know I see them jumping like this for adverts, and people argue that it was just for the shoot, but I always have to question that... those photos look to me like some serious practice has gone in - and I would rather a horse at 3 that has never seen a pole in it's life as opposed to one proficient at jumping (even without a rider) at this age and height :/

EQUIDAE

Visit site
quite agree... I mean I know I see them jumping like this for adverts, and people argue that it was just for the shoot, but I always have to question that... those photos look to me like some serious practice has gone in

Not necessarily... First and only time seeing poles. I'd not even asked him to jump, he was just turned out for a leg stretch and the poles were set out from my ridden ones.

image_zpswxgfxrjx.jpeg

ETA - of course not anywhere near the scope of the other but not bad for 11h...

Goldenstar

Visit site
As a general rule the more you loose jump the less expressive they become .
That's one athletic horse Equidae I wonder how much they want for him .

millikins

Visit site
How about the other dun, vendors really should do their homework before writing these adverts.

Do you mean the Shire/TB? This horse was on here a couple of weeks back, I am happy to be corrected but this horse is buckskin, afaik there is no dilute in TB or Shire so can it be what it is advertised as?