OH MY GOD! rant ahead

emerald2006

Visit site
right so my horses back has been out therefore could not jump her yetsreday (really p****d off at that fact) so then my instructor decides that i can help ringside for one of the affliated rings. quite happy to do it as long as only morning because of having to sort out tilly pm. first thing that goes wrong is i am woken up by a phone call at half 8 asking where i was. the answer would be still asleep! luckily was sleeping onn yard that night so not far to go. next thing is get over there in my shorts having taught all day saturday and find out that i have no chairs to sit on and that its getting colder and colder. things were going well people were ready and waiting to go into the ring untill one women came up to me for the discovary and said that she had 4 horses to jump. problem bveing she had come up to late to create gaps for herself. the she asked if could hold the ring and i said no thwn she got slighlty lary and i just ignored her! when i wenr to call her number she wasngt even listening!
sorry bout that but i just hate people who cant be organised.
mad.gif

JAK

Visit site
I'm sure you'll do better next time......alarm clock......spare clothes from home......taking your own chair.......!!!
blush.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
Me either, the way it reads is your cross with someone not being organised?? Well excuse me for saying this but pot kettle black??
It seems you were just as unorganised!
Or was it lack of info that made you unorganised?
Or maybe you were being sarcy and was mad at yourself?? Im unsure please clarify.
Thanks x

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you'll do better next time......alarm clock......spare clothes from home......taking your own chair.......!!!
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*(temporarily) speechless with admiration* I'm soooo not worthy to be on the same forum with you JAK
grin.gif
grin.gif

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
was that at pinkmead by any chance, had a crap time there too myself but due to choosing to jump unaffilliated and having to cope with the fact that when we arrived at 1 to jump in the fourth and five classes they were still on the second.

lizstuguinness

Visit site
i have been a competitor and a show organsier.
and you know everything would run much smoother if:

riders turned up on time (how many of you are guilty of turning up for a class at 9am that STARTED at 9am (it takes time to tack up, warm up, walk course etc etc)

taking lots of horses and turning up half way through a class

phoning the show prior to leaving to see where they are - current amount of enteries etc.

being ready and warmed up and entering the ring when asked,

MAKING SURE YOUR HORSE IS CORRECTLY SCHOOLED. a show is NOT the time to see if he will jump fillers PRACTICE AT HOME, not at the show.

and having experiaced show helpers. if everyone knew their job, and have dedicated responsibilities, makes everything go smoother and quicker.