oh no - horse & rider fall - skinned tendon..

bandit

Visit site
well, last night, just as i turned the corner on the gallops to start a canter, my horse tripped and fell onto his knees and stubbled, i flew off cracking my head on the ground and he tanked off... caught up iwth him after dusting myself down and making sure i wasn't seeing stars.. only to find he's over reached and skinned his tendon on his off fore!!!!

just my luck - horse is for sale, and i didn't boot or bandage him (actually I never do unless competing or hunting and he's never ever done something like this) - amazingly bad timing.

walked him back to yard, seems that it is only a skinning, no flesh or cuts and no swelling in the surrounding area. cold hosed and bandaged with anticeptic cream, gauze and then turned him out.....

anyone ever had experience of horses skinning htemselves in this area?? would you carry on riding if no other outward signs of pain / swelling / lameness??

when he gets bitten sometimes by horses and they are only skinnings, then i just wack on cornucresin and leave it but htis is a leg wound so i'm slightly more paranoid...

Cheers and lets hope it clears up soon..

Bxxx

Parkranger

Visit site
Make sure it's clean and slap on the Protocon - gets the wound healing really quickly.l...that's really bad luck though hun x

bandit

Visit site
cheers PG - i'm on 1/2 day today luckily so was going to go for a really nice long hack, but i'll check him out first and see how he his, if he's not lame and it's just superficial (fingers crossed) he does need to carry on working as he's for sale!!!!

GTs

Visit site
It all depends on what you classify as 'only a skinning' to some people this will mean the hair is missing, to others it can be quite a nasty wound.