OH NO - Richard Hammond - serious accident

Judie

Visit site
I've just read Richard Hammond has been involved in a serious accident whilst filming Top Gear, his condition is said to be critical ....he is in hospital in Leeds, the BBC are waiting for his wife to arrive.

Fingers crossed he pulls through.

teapot

Visit site
Someone posted in soapbox but it's very sad
frown.gif

rrose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thats really awful
frown.gif
hes my favourite i've always been so jealous of his wife as i wanted to marry him!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol same and my mum thinks the same!! is a very funny man too!!
frown.gif

jacks_mum

Visit site
they are saying this morning he is stable but fighting for his life! which seems a contradiction in terms to me. I hope he pulls through, he's my favourite too. Gorgeous eyes!!

Tempi

Visit site
They are saying there is a marked improvement this morning and that he is stable but still in intensive care (obviously)...

my thoughts go out to his wife, children and family - what an awful accident.

I have also heard that as he was semi conscious when they pulled him out he said he had back pain, which is good sign - as if there was a spinal problem he wouldnt have felt this pain.

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
Very shocked and sad to hear this news on the radio this morning as like a lot of others who have already posted have said, he was by far my favourite top gear (and crufts!) presenter.

Best wishes to him and his family and I really really hope he pulls through ok.

happyhack

Visit site
I was sitting in the pub last night and they announced it in the middle of pub quiz!! i was nearly crying!!

I hope he makes a full recovery-but i bet when top gear returns jeremy and james start taking the mickey out of him!

Get well soon hamster hammond!!

Claireg9

Visit site
I just hope he pulls through for the sake of his wife and children!
And the sake of us watching top gear and of course Crufts (I had forgotten about that one!)
Poor bloke he's a little tuffy though im sure he'll be the luckyest man to walk the planet!
Go on Dickey boy hammond show us your strength and character..
Claire x

Claireg9

Visit site
i just watched it, its more of a tribute really, they start off on a scene of top gear when hes driving, then they show you the drag car he crashed in the field still, not the actual crash or how it happened, then they have him presenting and other stuff.
No where do they show the actual crash!