Oh, Very Nasty Accident on way Home

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Coming home on M2 in Kent could see fire engines and police cars and much traffic on opposite carrigeway.

Got closer, was an artic vs. defender and Ifor Wiliams trailer.

Defender and trailer on their side across middle and fast lanes, with firemen trying to get the ramp down.

Gave me the shivers. Nasty.

airedale

Visit site
gosh - I'm the same when I hear on traffic news on the radio that xxx road has problems due to an overturned horsebox - makes me feel ill

_jetset_

Visit site
I know what you mean... Imagine what those people are going through right now! I wouldn't care how injured I was, all I would want is for my horse to get out of the bloody trailer. I mean, how would you get it out?

rrose

Visit site
omg
shocked.gif
that is stomach churning, i do hope there was not a horse in the trailer. if you find out anything else kjeep us posted!
frown.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
Good to hear they're ok - a local eventer had a very nasty accident in her horsebox and the horses walked away from it - they were never the same though and don't event anymore....

Horrible.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I heard on the radio on the way home about an hour and a half ago that both horses were ok just a little shaken

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much for letting us know. I've been really worried about them.

Sparklet

Visit site
One of my instructors staff overturned her trailer. A caravan pulled out in front of her and it jack-knifed when she applied her brakes - it actually flipped over onto its roof and ended leaning against a wall upside down.

Both horses okay - amazing!

Eliza120280

Visit site
They were luckily in one of the best trailers to stand up to a bad accident - very well made! Have heard quite a few stories of Ifor Williams trailers being in accidents and the horses been miraculously ok!! Or maybe could just be luck - either way, glad the horses are ok.

miniemy

Visit site
OMG I was on my way home from Frogpool last night and two recovery vehicles came off the M25, with a green defender and blue Ifor williams trailer on board. The trailer looked mashed. I bet it was the same ones, they went off to swanley way.

I then remembered I forgot to pic up the boots I just bought at froggers and drove all the way back down the A20. Told the girls what I had seen and everyone was very worried.

Glad the horses were Ok.

Emma