Oh yeah, this is why i do it!

Denbob

Visit site
I've posted loads about my very tricky winter with D. Fencing issues meant no turnout, no turnout meant wired pony, wired pony meant trip to A&E after being left on the concrete. I don't blame him, but it shook me up in a big way.

8 weeks holiday, an inch or two taller and at least 4 wider (ah yes dear saddle fitter have my pay check, no just take all of it) and his 6th birthday later and I've just been out on the first hack I've properly enjoyed since probably 2018.

He's still sticky and his confidence has taken a hit as well but we had a lovely canter through the fields and a trot on the roads. We saw sheep and pheasants and cars with bikes and other than a slightly suspicious look there were no hysterics. There's light at the end of the tunnel again!

Denbob

Visit site
And that is why we have them... your last paragraph sums it up completely.
Well done for getting there 😊

Thank you! It really did remind me why we do it!

Fab, great post and so pleased for you. It can be tough going through the issues you have with horses but once it starts to come right, it's just the greatest feeling.

We're still a long way from being back to where we were but it's a big step in the right direction :)

Ah a teenage welsh, I'm not sad he'd already done that bit with someone else! :D Here's hoping you both enjoy the rest of the summer :)

Thank you!

Yay good on you for sticking at it. The tough times are the preparation for the good stuff x

Fingers crossed it carries on!