Video Ohh I do like to be beside the seaside...

ImmyS

Visit site
Day off, sun is shining, what better thing to do than a lovely long ride down the local beach. I’m lucky to only live about 6 miles away from the beach so decided today was the day to take Arlo down there. I took him to another beach once last year but it was a bit of a disaster due to having a loose horse and the rider being taken in an ambulance, but that’s another story and everybody was OK thank goodness, but obviously not very enjoyable for anyone. However, was obviously hoping for a more relaxing experience this time as it would only be Arlos second time on a beach.

Well it was just that, relaxing and lovely. I had to box Arlo on my own to go to my friends yard and pick them up so I was a bit nervous as I’ve never travelled him alone at all, but he was very good waiting patiently for her to get ready at her yard and then when we dropped them back after he didn’t have a hissy fit about his friend getting off and I travelled him back no bother. Good baby cob!

Anyway here’s a bit of a picture overload from our ride. Nothing more to report really other than just feeling very lucky to have a lovely horse and a lovely place to ride - truly very lucky!

JLjErlt.jpg

aMOUIzw.jpg

88SxuVB.jpg

tEjMdYW.jpg

[VIDEO]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/VIDEO]

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Gold star for good behaviour Arlo, looked like great fun.
We are a similar distance to the beach and it was Frank's favourite place, he would even walk out with purpose (and had to go tacked up) ;)

ImmyS

Visit site
Gold star for good behaviour Arlo, looked like great fun.
We are a similar distance to the beach and it was Frank's favourite place, he would even walk out with purpose (and had to go tacked up) ;)

It is lovely I’m not surprised it was Franks favourite place, Arlo certainly seems to enjoy it!

ImmyS

Visit site
Thanks guys, I think he’s pretty ace. Definitely need to take advantage of having such a great beach on our doorstep 😀 can’t believe I’ve never ridden down there before!

Annagain

Visit site
I think I might be Arlo's number one fan. He is such a sweetie. We're lucky to have a beach a few miles away as well although it gets very busy with tourists in the summer and dog walkers in the winter so we tend to go to a more horse friendly one about 1/2 an hour away. It has a 20 minute hack through dunes to get to it so hardly ever anybody else there!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
such lovely photos!
Arlo is such a cool dude :D:D

I'm taking my boy to Kenfig in Wales on sunday, it's local ish to us... not quite as pretty as your lovely cornwall beach though! xx

Annagain

Visit site
such lovely photos!
Arlo is such a cool dude :D:D

I'm taking my boy to Kenfig in Wales on sunday, it's local ish to us... not quite as pretty as your lovely cornwall beach though! xx
Kenfig is the beach I'm referring to above. Have fun.
Wish I had one totake at the moment but A is on walkiing only and M has been comandeered by his owner's son!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Kenfig is the beach I'm referring to above. Have fun.
Wish I had one totake at the moment but A is on walkiing only and M has been comandeered by his owner's son!

how funny, i just actually sent you a message!

Thank you, our second time going but i'm sure he will be great, hopefully a little less afraid of the waves ha ha :cool:

Hope you can get to the beach soon and enjoy this bizarre sun we are having in Wales?!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Beautiful! I only rode on the beach once years ago. I lived in Cardiff and the livery yard organised a massive day trip to the beach. It remains one of my best days ever with my best horse ever 🥰