ohhhh its impossible!

PinkFairy

Visit site
sorry about this, its just im a bit frustrated, the stables i work at expect me to keep my yard immaculate, there must never be a single strand of hay on the ground etc its impossible to keep a stable block THAT tidy!! I frustrate myself sweeping endlessly trying to make sure there is absolutely no dust etc on the ground because i get a huge lecture if there is!! i am so sorry i just had to rant

PinkFairy

Visit site
its a livery yard. fair enough, first impressions but honestly, they actually point out strands off runaway hay and rant and yell that im not doing my job properly!

KatB

Visit site
Hmm, not ideal!! Is it just you working? If its a working yard, IMO there are always times where the yard is going to be slightly messy??!!! As long as its left looking spot on in between????

PinkFairy

Visit site
no its several people working, up to six of us at a time but i just find it unfair they expect it to be spotless, they complain especially when the horses are given hay, the horses take a bite then put their heads back over the stable door so it falls out their mouths etc and then teh YO blows her top ... again...

Blizzard

Visit site
OMG it sounds like a concentration camp!

Outside my stable door ther is currently bits of hay, carrot and apple and maybe a bit of poo or wee!

Its a stable not a sterile operating theatre!

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OMG it sounds like a concentration camp!

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cr*p!! You took the words right out of my mouth!

My yard in the UK was lovely and yes I liked it to look nice........but there are limits!

This place you are working at sounds ridiculously pernickity. I'd be tempted to drag out 5 square bales, take off the baling twine and very carefully fluff them up all over the yard!! And then pop a nice little letter on top offering my resignation.
cool.gif

pottamus

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This place you are working at sounds ridiculously pernickity. I'd be tempted to drag out 5 square bales, take off the baling twine and very carefully fluff them up all over the yard!! And then pop a nice little letter on top offering my resignation.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it! What a fab idea...i'm with you on that one!
smile.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Hmm maybe would should try this with our liveries

I have a hard enough time convincing them to poo pick, eventually had a go at them because the poor pony was ankle deep in sh*t and spoiled all his limited grazing.

amage

Visit site
we've discovered an easy way to keep the yard immaculate...we have a leaf blower instead of having to sweep we blow it twice a day. takes ten mins the whole place is spotless and cause hooves etc are picked out before any horse leaves stable its easy to keep it that way.

JessPickle

Visit site
the funniest one I ever saw was a yard I went on a riding holiday had a street cleaner machine thing they drove round the yard! Our yard is expected to be tidy but not spotless!

Kelly1982

Visit site
The yard i brought my horse from was like that!!

You had to pick out the horses feet before they came out of the stable so that they didn't get straw all across the yard!!

It was immaculate and you even felt guilty walking on it with dirty boots.

Helena88

Visit site
the dressage yard i did work experience on had a kind of outside hoover which was used twice a day...

i do however the picking the horse's hooves out before it comes out the stable, just because i prefer doing that to sweeping!!

TGM

Visit site
Whilst it is important to keep a yard relatively tidy, some places do go over the top! At one yard I used to be at we reckoned the YO would really prefer to have cardboard cutout horses in the stables rather than real ones that made a mess!

PinkFairy

Visit site
thanks for the replies! i've decided to leave, the last straw was i had swept for about 2 hours and the YO came over, bent over picked up a strand of hay and said "do you call this CLEAN" and i was absolutely shocked! she completely went loopy when the horse next to my shoulder chucked his hay over the door she flipped and said the horses were meant to be immaculate because she had a good repuatation so i said well they are ANIMALS they cant be spic and span! that was the end of that (she then said thats why i was employed, to make sure they were glossy and not a touch of dust on their coats were to be seen!!)

miss_bird

Visit site
OMG, i think this woman need to live in the real world.

what happens when you bring the horses in from the field all muddy do they have to go through some kind of car wash so they dont drop mud on the yard.

Tell her to back off but dont just walk out you may need a reference at some point from her

PinkFairy

Visit site
much apprciated for replies! today wasn't too bad although one of the horses went out to the field with a stable stain and she freaked out so we got the horse and sponged her down, then the YO came to us and checked the horse, found a single piece of wood shaving in her tail and gave us a massive lecture on keeping horses groomed saying that if we cant do our jobs then we could leave! grrrrr

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
I would leave too. she is being totally unreasonable. Is she like this with the other girls? she maybe just taking it out on you, for some reason?
Start looking for something else, more relaxed, you will never learn anything at this yard. She will nit pic at everything and you will loose all motivation or confidence in your horsemanship if this carries on.
Best of luck
There are plenty of jobs out there: try yard and groom or careergrooms.
Dawn

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Tell her where to stick her job!
Have been in a couple of places where the boss was similar. No one enjoyed working there, no one wanted be there, but most had been there years. I told them where to get off pretty quickly.
I was always well clued up and knew I was worth much more, some of the muppets are still there. There are plenty of similar jobs about, you are wasting your time in a place like that so go out and find one.

PinkFairy

Visit site
my problem is i'd love to loan one of the horses there, money is a massive issue, college is costing a bomb as it is so im in a pickle, trying to care for the horses as well. but i did leave today i couldnt handle the pressure, it was not realistic!