Oi, where’s the weekend plans thread?

Bernster

Visit site
yup it is now!

Hah. It’s not a role you can retire from, sorry MP, but I assume it’s also open to helpers/delegates/keen beans ?

Am really enjoying riding the new pony (how long are they new for?), as she takes some riding and there’s lots to work on. It’s fun and challenging and it will make me a better rider, but it‘s early days so very on and off, with fleeting ‘a-ha!’ moments. But aren’t they fab when you get them, those little glimmers of what could be.

Yard secret Santa this weekend which will be nice as I haven’t met everyone yet. It will be hacking for me and then might pop a pole on the newbie as haven’t done much of that at all so far. Ooh and wrapping Xmas presents, zoom family Xmas carols (which will be terrible given internet lag) and a virtual early Xmas celebration. Whoop.

TheMule

Visit site
I have a new found motivation for winter training so we are arena hiring with a friend on Sunday. Trying to crack the elusive canter. It's a fine balancing act as she will run and jump off a long stride quite happily or I tend to stifle it a bit too much into the base of the fence- we need to consistently find the halfway house.

oldie48

Visit site
S is taking Rose out tomorrow to do a couple of mediums hoping to qualify for the area festival. she's not established at medium but managed to get 65% last Sunday in a qualifier so just needs 3 more. Pleased to say she got her regional quals at elementary in 2 outings with some very nice scores. She'll have Saturday off and either a nice hack or a bit of pole work with perhaps a jump or two on Sunday. Disappointing news for me on the health and riding front as I went in for my ablation on Tuesday but unfortunately I have an unusual left atrial flutter which they couldn't treat, they did however, give me a good zap to get my heart beating properly again but I have to stay on the meds. I am going to try riding after Christmas, definitely feel better but not still not a 100%. Very fed up on Tuesday evening but feeling a lot more positive today and an ablation is still a possibility but it's a bit more risky and I'd have to go to a different hospital with more technical back up etc so we'll see!. Rose says she doesn't mind if I just hack and do low key school work, the lazy b....ger!

Bernster

Visit site
Hah finnegan is pretty much mr pipe n slippers. Or more a pint of lager and a packet of crisps on the sofa fella. And then every now and again he reminds me he’s a horse with his own mind and gets all excitable (usually when we’re off to a xc party or hunting and he’s not been out for a while).

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Depending on the weather I will take DP out for a walk up some hills. He can’t be ridden at the moment due to saddle issues and I’m quite looking forward to taking him out in hand. Just me and him side by side. Will take B out for a solo hack Saturday or if I’m feeling very brave will lead DP off him.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Hopefully a lesson on share horse. Last week had my lesson on a hack with my instructor because it was absolutely chundering it down all day. It was really good but I hope we can get in the school this week. I'm not sure what I want to work on specifically, I just know my confidence is growing each time I ride now :)

Pippity

Visit site
I spent today de-sensitising Blue to her Christmas hack regalia. She didn't twitch an ear at the sleighbells on her hi-viz breastplate, but I'm expecting far more objections when I add them to her bridle and pop a santa hat on her head!

I've finished work for the year now, so plans are plenty of hacking whenever it's dry and daylight. I'm not entirely happy with the fit of her saddle at the moment so I've pulled the bareback pad back out for schooling, but I'm not quite brave enough to hack without stirrups!

1608237246460.png

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Not a lot as still getting over tonsillitis, so cancelled my lesson today (was to be my 1st since Sept) and cancelled a clinic on Sunday, bleurgh...
Local young friend is going to pop in 1st thing tomorrow morning and flash B out for a brisk ride (she's not ridden her before).
A local HHO'er is possibly popping over with her Fuzzy on Sunday to hack from my yard. If I'm still not up for more than a plod, I'll get her to cheer up B Fuzzy too!

Northern

Visit site
Still icing/NSAIDs/DMSO for the splint on ponio :/ But she seems to have improved so hopefully won't need much more time off!

Going to try and trailer the 2 year old out to the local equestrian park on Sunday. Will be her first time out, and driven in a float so hopefully it goes off without a hitch! It's only a 10minute drive max, so should be a good first outing. I more than expecting to fly a baby WB kite, but geared up for it! Will be going out with a few friends as well. If I can get her onside enough to do some long reining, super! If all we achieve is to eat grass while watching friends, also fine. I'm easy :)

Hope everyone has a fun weekend :D

FourLeafClover

Visit site
Have a lesson tomorrow evening, and assume we will be talking about the area festivals in January which we are very excited about as bronze prelim partnership ? then hopefully boxing up to go for a long hack on Sunday weather permitting! ?

(Can anyone believe it’s the last weekend before Christmas?) ?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I spent today de-sensitising Blue to her Christmas hack regalia. She didn't twitch an ear at the sleighbells on her hi-viz breastplate, but I'm expecting far more objections when I add them to her bridle and pop a santa hat on her head!

I've finished work for the year now, so plans are plenty of hacking whenever it's dry and daylight. I'm not entirely happy with the fit of her saddle at the moment so I've pulled the bareback pad back out for schooling, but I'm not quite brave enough to hack without stirrups!

View attachment 61352

Love the outfit and the jingly bells! I found a jingle bell hair bobble thing the other day and am contemplating fixing it to some part of share horse for our next hack - not sure how he'll feel about it or how likely a tiny jingling bell is to have me zoomed off against my will. Probably unlikely, not a lot bothers him. :D

little_critter

Visit site
I have a jumping lesson this afternoon with fab new jump trainer.
we are going to get wet, wet, wet ?
Weve not done a great deal of jumping and I was being nice to T and starting really small each time and building up. T could be looky at jumps.
New jump trainer gave us a shove out of our comfort zone, pointed out T is more than capable of clearing bigger jumps and the reason he’s looky is because he’s not paying attention to where he’s going.
All done in a positive way and checking we are still feeling ok with what he’s asking.

Sheep

Visit site
Went last minute to a clinic on Weds night which was fab, off to unaff dressage tomorrow. Prelim & novice as usual. Had a few more clinic dates in the diary for over the holidays, but we are going back into lockdown on Boxing Day.
Almost a year since we got the big horse. This time last year I rang to enquire about him and he arrived with us on 12th Jan. Time flies!

little_critter

Visit site
Have a lesson tomorrow evening, and assume we will be talking about the area festivals in January which we are very excited about as bronze prelim partnership ? then hopefully boxing up to go for a long hack on Sunday weather permitting! ?

(Can anyone believe it’s the last weekend before Christmas?) ?
Well done on your qualification, how exciting!
I was going to try to qualify prelim bronze too but we only decided late, then lorry problems scuppered my plans. Will try for the summers instead.

Sprat

Visit site
Last full day of work today - hurrah! I have a couple of quick meetings to do on Monday morning but I will most likely conduct them from bed with laptop on my lap.

A quiet weekend horse wise, I could do with recording a couple of e-riders tests. Already recorded my elementary entry but I'm not 100% happy with it, and still have another 2 novice's to record for the champs.

A lesson on Tuesday to get ready for upcoming tests and AF's.

FourLeafClover

Visit site
Well done on your qualification, how exciting!
I was going to try to qualify prelim bronze too but we only decided late, then lorry problems scuppered my plans. Will try for the summers instead.

To be honest I had completely forgotten Areas etc were a thing, we mainly affiliated as our local venue is also where our Trainer is based and so it was very convenient! Never expected in a million years to get respectable scores and qualify for anything. Summer I'm sure will be a nicer time to be out competing anyway so good plan!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have decided it will be a really good idea for the horse who has 3 weeks to make a miraculous recovery or be PTS and who has not been sat on for 5 months to go to the beach to stand in deep sea water and to walk for 10 minutes in very low water to see if we can do anything to help rehab her problems. She is having everything thrown at her to try and improve. Field rest has not had the result we were hoping for.

The 5yo comes back into work after trying to put me in a ditch and getting haematoma in her knee. She can hack for a week and then go back into work properly. The grey horse is off to play with a friend with arena hire on Sunday ( I wonder who that could be!!)