OK, a how much (as I don't know that much about prices)

teapot

Visit site
Basically, pony I shared back in April - June time is up for sale. Now if I had the money I'd jump at the chance of buying him but alas unless Ernie is nice to me or I win the lottery ain't going to happen.

But would be very interested to know what you guys would pay for this pony:

13.2 registered welsh c gelding.
9yr old, was gelded late (does have offspring)
Broken to drive, used by the local DDA etc, very good driving pony from what I was told.

VERY green under saddle, when I first sat on we could barely trot without bunny hopping/falling into canter. But can work beautifully. Was broken to ride very quickly, fron nothing to jumping 2ft6 + courses within 6-9 months (and it shows)

Nothing naughty about him, fab with farrier, very honest, tries his heart out, loves to work - more you rode him, the better really. So it is all there, but just really needs lots of schooling or complete roughing off & re-breaking. Probs only negative is he is whip shy, couldn't even pick one up on the yard (but personally think this stems from when he was broken) so again something you could overcome.

First week I sat on him

Probs the best one I've got ( 8 weeks later)

Walking

Any opinions would be greatly welcomed

Skhosu

Visit site
looks like a lovely wee horse. 6-9months doesn't seem short to me, most I've know have been out competing away by that stage, particularly if they are older. But then that's just me!
not much idea of price, sorry!

teapot

Visit site
From what I was told at the time etc, it was short as in rushed (he was purely broken as she wasn't jumping her other one).

But really not sure on the whole history - so could have been less than 6 months for all I know
crazy.gif

claire1976

Visit site
Ooohh he's lush. I'm rubbish with prices though as up north we don't pay as much for horses on the whole as the south do.
But as a rough guess I would say £2k at present.

MillionDollar

Visit site
No way hes gotta be worth more than £2000. I've nearly (fingers crossed, touch wood) sold my driving pony for £2000- 5yo broken to drive, NOT broken to ride, only seen traffic, reged PBW even though hes pure Welsh and he was cut quite late and wild till 3. He will be a fantastic competitive driving pony though, has fantastic movement and conformation.

I'd actually say £2500 - £3000, i've changed my mind, lol.

fjudge

Visit site
Lovely looking pony! I would say you look a bit big on him, but if you are planing to do some M&M affilliated classes then it doesnt matter
wink.gif
I don't think you can allways price a pony they are worth what someone will pay for them at the end of the day!!
smile.gif

My old 15hander is an example of that, we were offered a price that we would have never have priced her at when selling! She died at the end of the year
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

teapot

Visit site
I'm not buying him - I can't for various reasons (if I had the money, I would but then I'd be able to afford other things which would improve him greatly) - just wanted to hear your opinions

I know I'm too big for him- I'm 5ft 11 and he's 13.2
grin.gif