ok..another "how much"?

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i have asked this before but this was quite along time ago and i have totally forgot what you said!
blush.gif
and we are selling at about christmas time so would like your opinions please:

full up 14.2hh grey gelding, 4-5 years, irish connemara x ID.
has BSJA winnings, qualified 2nd round BN, placed affilliated every time out. jumping approx 3"6ft showjump rounds (with 3"9ft jump offs) clear.
eventing 3ft with PC, scope to go higher, ALWAYS clear cross country. absalute sweetheart, no vices at all, 101% box, shoe, clip, traffic etc.
hunted, clean limbed but went lame a few months ago and has only been in work for the last 3 weeks but going well and is now 101% sound again, have jumped him at home and got a show planned for tomorrow- hoping to qualify dengie before time of selling and do some hunter trials and dressage lessons.
would be an amazing confidence giver to ANY level rider, or go to the very top with experienced rider.
pics in my sig (the grey).

sorry about the very long "advert", but how much do you think we should try selling him for? we havent done any BE and we arent planning to as too expensive
blush.gif

thanks for the help!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
ooo, not really what i had hoped to hear as we paid that much for him as a 3 year old who had done nothing!
shocked.gif
but when we went to try him out he was safe and genuine and that was the main thing we wanted so we bit the bullet.

Bri

Visit site
I'd say about 5-6k.
He's probably worth about 3.5/4 but the way horse prices are these days you should get a fair bit more!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
we already have 3 people from my pony club interested so he shouldnt be too hard to sell
laugh.gif

just checked on the BSJA site, he has £42 notional winnings on his card.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
selling him too
frown.gif
only have until christmas on ponies in BSJA as my 16th birthday is in the wrong calender year (
mad.gif
) so i miss out a whole year as a junior!
shocked.gif
so am getting a horse at the beginnning of next year.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
only browsing to see what sort of horses are up on the market and how much they are going for. still undecided as to whether i should buy a youngster (again!) and bring it on, or buy a "ready made" horse to BE/PC opens on!

tw1nn1ejo

Visit site
Awww thats sad that you have to sell him Soph
frown.gif
But i'm sure he'll go to another lovely home and have as much fun
smile.gif
You must be exited for getting a new horse
laugh.gif
What sort are you looking for?

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
yep he is a perfect kids pony- will follow you round the fields and come trotting over to you when you go out in the field to see him. he lets you spend hours giving him fuss, he loves it!

my ex boyfriend (who had NEVER sat on a horse before!) even got on him and plodded round the field!!

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Awww hes lovely i'd say about £5000 if your not inc any tack etc. Bet your excited about getting a horsey! I just got my horse, ID/TB hes green to the extrem (unhandled) so i would say get a ready made horse!! Good Luck

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
A bit confused here.. you say he has scope to go higher, yet looking back at your old posts you always used to say that he cant really go high enough and hes kinda at his limit with you..
crazy.gif
?

MillionDollar

Visit site
£7,000 maybe more. 14.2 jumping ponies are VERY sort after!!! Especially something like him. We were looking for a 14.2 a few years ago and couldnt find anything under £3,500 and the cheapest ones hadnt even competed BSJA. Dont start cheap- you can always go down, but you can never go up!

Skhosu

Visit site
Market is slow. If he had pre-noviced you could ask 8-10K
I would be a bit concerned about him doing a lot as a youngster, has he got potential to do any more? If not...3-4K
If yes, could ask 5-6K.
There's not a huge market for showjumping ponies at high prices (over here anyway!)) unless they're grade b+
Why was he lame?
Sounds like a lovely pony though!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A bit confused here.. you say he has scope to go higher, yet looking back at your old posts you always used to say that he cant really go high enough and hes kinda at his limit with you..
crazy.gif
?

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely why I'm confused!!

As he stands, if he'll pass a 5 stage vetting then prob about 4-4.5k